1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

" The crowd called out for more":eek:

John Farrell, Zou and WillieJ like this.
  2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

PSX_20210802_100751.jpg

Didn't know we weren't supposed to photograph egg farms. Can't photograph the smell anyway and the ammonia levels from air quality monitoring in the area do the talking. It just looks like a big metal shed and I'm pretty sure I don't want to see inside. Closer to home there is an honesty box and free range eggs.

3. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

And modest too!

spinno likes this.
  4. WillieJ

I used to work out at Edinburgh Park (on Edinburgh's western edge for non natives). When they were clearing out the sheds of chicken factory on the outskirts of Broxburn then the smell was eyewatering - and that was from some miles away.

Zou and daft_biker like this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...and back to WGYG: DVLA's online driving licence renewal. :mad:

"Welcome to the DVLA appointments Board. You're here to apply for the position of online form designer?"
    "Yes, that's right."
    "What was your last position?"
    "Torturer-in-chief for Mad Prince AhAhAh".
    "Excellent! When can you start?"

daft_biker likes this.
  6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

"I was feeling kind of seasick"

7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Of course. Doesn't everyone?

8. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

To be fair, the wording was: "We request that you do not take photographs or record videos".

Having said that - provided that you're on public land, you're free to photograph their premises, if you wish.

daft_biker likes this.
  9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Well I have never cartwheeled anywhere

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember the company that made great travel gear especially trousers back in the 1970s/80s. Lightweight, kind of shiny cotton, easy to wash and dry and with pockets too. I remember a favourite pale blue pair I wore to death then. Felt very chic! I just simply can't remember the name of the make. I guess they must have had a shop in London, since it was before buying online. Possibly European? Anyone remember?

11. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Milton Keynes has at least two "official" brands of electric scooter for use and discard by people with the app on their Smartphone. Driving home last night, there was one of the "green" branded scooters simply left in the middle of a narrow footpath - just where a blind pedestrian could trip over it. And, then there's the unofficial brands which permit the user to drive through red traffic lights, and generally ignore any of the Highway Code aspects which the rest of us work by.

12. WillieJ

I once cartwheeled at Hillend - artificial ski slope just outside Edinburgh. My back has never been the same since.

John Farrell, Zou and peterba like this.
  13. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I think there’s an awful lot, both on two wheels, four wheels & foot who ignore the Highway Code. None are better than the other.

14. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Yep. Biggest piece of f***wittery I ever saw was committed by a pedestrian.

15. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I saw some Gonzo today, trying (unsuccessfully) to get run over by the bus he wanted to photograph...

16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Makes a change from suicide on the underground or railways. That must be the 2nd most selfish way of committing suicide ever. It is of course irrational that the drivers feel very bad about it but they do; it haunts them. I put your suicidal pedestrian third, and I am glad that you didn't kill him. For your sake not theirs.

17. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Wow. You really do pontificate about things that you know absolutely **** all about, don't you? You are wrong, wrong and wrong on every assumption you derive from my post.

18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

First came pedestrians, then horses, then two wheels, then four+. As far as I'm concerned, this should be remembered. I heard recently new rules are being brought in about pedestrians crossing at road junctions, being given priority. As far as I'm concerned, when I drove, anything crossing across the way I was going had priority! However, since so many roads have more than one carriageway when approaching a junction, I know how nervous I feel when the nearside lane waves me across - especially if it's a rather large vehicle.

19. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I am still pleased that you didn't collide with a stupid pedestrian. There was no need to describe the pedestrian in terms that required asterisks.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The highway code already said drivers should give way to pedestrians cruising roads into which drivers are turning. Very very very few ever do.

peterba and Catriona like this.