1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Because a good audio system is the most important part of the car. ‘Absolute Rock’ turned up to 11 hides all car noises.

Ceemac likes this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I worked with someone who was the opposite. This guy had come off a motorbyke at high speed and lost an eye as well as breaking his spine. Yet he was among the first in the morning and often among the last in the evenings. It really does take all sorts to make a world.

3. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

The one thing that I miss more than anything else, is riding motorcycles which I did for over 25 years. Having said that, with the amount of traffic on today's roads, this is a much more risky activity than it was back in the 90s.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Plus it gives you something to listen to while you wait for the AA/RAC mechanic to turn up...

John Farrell likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A slimy Tory demanding a woman apologises for the inappropriate actions of a slimy man. Another slimy Tory demanding said woman resign before evidence given but refusing to call for resignations in his own party where guilt is proven.

MJB, AGW, WillieJ and 1 other person like this.
  6. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

What heard was a slimy female member of the Labour Party asking a woman to appologise for the actions of a slimy man - but I did not watch the whole show trial.

AGW and Catriona like this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I was referring to Murdo. Assume Baillie at it as well then?

8. WillieJ

Exactly. I used to have some respect for her but that has inverted in the last few weeks.

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

:(

The 1970s are over there - - >

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2021
    Zou, Derek W, WillieJ and 1 other person like this.
  10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Other than the outdated language, this is in the WGMG thread. Why does him being gay grind your gears?

Unless you read it as what grindr’s my gears.:)

11. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Oooooh, if you were any sharper you'd cut yourself!

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Well this makes no sense now the offending text above has gone!

13. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Weeding beside a rose bush and the rose bush fighting back on the back of my hand. Boo!

14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

For some of us, raised in a different time, there are opinions baked into our consciousness that are now considered outmoded. Not everyone has the ability or even the desire to change those opinions.

When Beatrice Campbell said "Does it really matter what these affectionate people do? So long as they don’t do it in the streets and frighten the horses!" she was expressing the view that many people still hold: do what you want but keep it to yourself. The problem comes when some people are so determined to shove their differences in others' faces that they forget others also have the right to be left to live their lives.

It's the difference between having a party in your house, while keeping the noise down and setting off noisy fireworks at midnight.

Dorset_Mike likes this.
  15. WillieJ

16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

WGMGs
    The fact that our hospital brags about vaccinating over 50% of our population but fails to say the hospital is responsible for about 70% of the cases on the Islands.

17. WillieJ

Too late to edit my post 7115 above but not too late for the Beeb. Since I posted the link they have removed all references to "safely".

18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Winston Smith alive and kicking.

19. WillieJ

If not smelling too good.

20. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

When somebody asks a technical question and gets a sensible answer but then does not bother to log on to check for responses. It makes me reluctant to ever answer a query again