1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In connection with tv licence harassment I read once about the right to peaceful enjoyment (? or something like that), which could be cited in a kind of cease and desist way to stop the license harassers from bothering you. Wonder if anyone here knows more about that and whether it can be applied to bailiffs.

Could do a subject access request under data protection legislation to see what info they have on you personally. Would show if your details are held by them and possibly any correspondence they associate with your 'profile'.

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

They seem to have given up asking me.

S

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

When you roast a bag of chestnuts and find 95% of them are mouldy. :(

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Very disappointing. Someone flogging last year's? Or just badly picked and stored.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hopefully the latter.

Catriona likes this.
  6. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

You shoulda taken them out of the bag first.

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

:confused:;)

8. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

That reminds me, haven't seen any street vendors selling hot chestnuts for probably at least 8 years.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

Hmph! Probably the h&S mob makes it too difficult for them. Here, that is. Of course, in Europe, it's a different story (or used to be).

10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Millennium Bridge, South Bank, British Museum....

11. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Banks. Just got an email telling me Ihad not accessed my savings account for 18 months - my am I a bad person - and that if I did not pay something in or take something out they would freeze the account for my own good. If I take anything out I lose interest - which is really low anyway - so I transferred in £1. Should have made it 1P just to make a point.

Catriona and Zou like this.
  12. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Why are you annoyed at your bank for protecting your money? I'd be much more annoyed if they weren't keeping an eye on account activity. :rolleyes:

13. RovingMike

Point being, if you are dead they need to know.

Learning likes this.
  14. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

There is a lot of it about with us oldies in the best of times, but during lockdown you could be growing mushrooms for a month or two before anyone noticed the smell.:)

15. WillieJ

I use the current account regularly so they could probably work that out.

Zou and Catriona like this.
  16. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

That would mean being joined up which is probably not in their interest in this case.

WillieJ likes this.
  17. WillieJ

I spent my last 13 years of employment working for a rather large banking group. Cuts were getting close to bone by the time I left [escaped] in 2015. Since then they have got much worse. Good, confident, professional people are just trying to survive with their sanity intact while wondering would redundancy really be that bad. The concept of trying to do more than try to cope with their horrendous work load has been ground out of them.

18. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is the case in many large organisations. They work you to the bone and then they to avoid any blame when employees are signed off with stress. There are always more who can start on the treadmill. In my case, to be fair even the directors/partners had to work silly hours and they were not immune from stress. But they were very well paid.

19. RovingMike

Or the dreaded GDPR. One hand not allowed to know what the other is doing. Suspect that's why Amazon spam me with things I have been looking at immediately after I have bought one of them from them.

20. Catriona

If I fumble or drop one more thing today, I shall just cry!