1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I'm not worried, I am well prepared...(I have a bucket on standby)

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ewwww, that's beyond the pail.

spinno likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Don't remind me I have to descend the stairs to go to the loo - if I climb them tonight, that is!!

Pass the pail! Haha!

Zou likes this.
  4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Ouch! Ignore the children, their turn will come.

Catriona likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I get aches and pains in other ways so I'm qualified to be able to leg pull if that's what you mean

Catriona likes this.
  6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Haven't you got a gozunder?
    I recall grandma, when emptying grandads after a heavy night, referring to them as thumb enders

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Time to go and also buy a Micrometer? Working in a machine shop taught me not to trust Vernier Calipers - even those with digital displays - due to the interference fit between the 2 components - A plunger dial gauge can be just a variable because it depends on being presented absolutely square to its other working surface, which also must also be flat.

8. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

These are why men were expected to walk next to the pavement edge - The first floor on many old buildings overhung the streets, and the Guzunder would be tipped out of a window ... :mad::eek: ... which explains why women wore wide-rimmed hats! :rolleyes:

Catriona likes this.
  9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I suppose the modern version of that is the "gentlemen, and women" who have their windscreen washers set up to shoot water over the roof and wash the windscreen of the car behind.

10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

It's nice to share.

11. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I was surprised to read (a few minutes ago) that a keeper at a Madrid zoo has been injured in an attack by a gorilla - I thought the keeping of primates in zoos was a thing of the past.

12. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Bristol zoo has a successful breeding group of gorillas. Longleat has a bachelor group of brothers.

13. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

You have to think about the origins of the animals. Nowadays they're almost never caught in the wild but are bred in zoos, which raises the question of what to do with them if the zoo has a change of policy or closes. Many such animals have no experience, let alone ability of living in the wild so that zoos have no choice but to keep them alive until nature takes its course.......or euthanasia.............

14. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Our local wildlife parks, Port Lympne and Howletts, have sussesful breeding groups of gorillas and have transferred some back to Africa.

15. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Even when the recipient really doesn't want their share?

16. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The keeper is a primate too

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Religious chap?

18. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

WGMGs - Midges, I currently have a small plague in my living room. I think they have been breeding in the compost I repotted my pet Canna Lily into just before lock down.

19. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I actually have a micrometer, but it seemed a bit like overkill. Any way, I would still have had the same problem - the arms were not long enough to reach the centre where the bulge is.

20. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Recruitment agencies.

Zou likes this.