1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It's not as if I have it excessively cold, just about 4 degrees. It's a Blomberg fridge/freezer. It works fine apart from that annoying habit!

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Our fridge works fine apart from the fact it somehow keeps running out of beer....

3. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Really? What does poo on toast taste like?

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I know how you feel, Mine keeps running out modest white Burgundy. Replenishment of supplies involves briefly meeting the covideous masses at the supermarket.

John Farrell likes this.
  5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Reminds me of the old adage " We have some red port left"

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Honey. Well that's just about all he eats, right?

John Farrell likes this.
  7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It is currently raining here. Wonderful heavy rain (largely missed by the Met Office too), I can smell the petrichor even indoors, and it's wonderful.

Wrong thread? No, I left the black plastic on the next bit of allotment to dig because there was no likelihood of rain. Yesterday I was literally* jumping on my fork to get into the crust. Grr!

*Yes, I know what literally means, and I was jumping up and down on my fork.

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

I've just realised how I'm feeling and acting.
    It's just as I was after hubby died. Everything on automatic, whilst my brain is completely elsewhere.
    Aw shucks! It's hard and I wish it was all over.

9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Same here

10. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Dave's mum has gone missing!

She went into hospital yesterday to have a heart valve replaced today, she gave me the number for the ward so I called them. The nurse there said she was there until she had her procedure and would have gone from theatre to the CCU so they gave me the number and I called the CCU who agree that would be the place she would go after the procedure but according to their system she was still on the other ward. It's a day ward and she was admitted yesterday so she shouldn't be still on there unless it was postponed. I called the day ward and their system says she's in CCU but CCU say their system says she's still on the Day Ward!!!!

Nurse took my number and promised to call me back half an hour ago but nothing yet....I guess she's got 300 other things to do and I will give it another half hour I'm not Dave's mum-during one of his hospital stays the sister on the ward begged me to PLEASE have a word with her because she was calling them every 5 minutes and no-one else could get through

11. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Updates to Photoshop, Camera Raw and LR always make me fear the worst. This time Camera Raw now puts up an ORF file as a mass of lines. I know I solved this last time, but can't remember how. Waiting for someone on the Adobe help site to point out the obvious that I am missing.....

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I was about to update mine. Even though I don't use ORF perhaps i'll wait in case it affects any others!

13. Catriona

It was so cold in the Co-op my hands froze. Consequently I managed to drop a bag as I walked home. It was the one with my camera in it. Got home and found the ring surrounding the lens had dislodged. Now, I have never tried another lens on it (my Lumix LX100) so after a mild panic, I found with a bit of wiggling it did unscrew - and screw back up again. After that, I managed to drop shopping on the way to the fridge and ended up shouting at myself. All OK now. I was going to go to the garden centre, but the midges have beaten me to it. Such is life!

RovingMike likes this.
  14. RovingMike

dream_police likes this.
  15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

16. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

It seems that some software updates are more trouble than they are worth! The problem is that you only find that out after it has made a mess of your computer.

17. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

People who call disabled people liars when they say they are

Zou likes this.
  18. RovingMike

The complaints seem to run across all three applications. Adobe shut down the announcement thread very quickly after the first few.

19. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Sometimes had the 'you don't look disabled' garbage. Apart from blowing my stack, the best response is 'You don't look stupid either, but appearances can be deceptive'

...Of course that response is usually replaced by a simple 'F*$k off !' If there are enough people around to embarrass them, showing htem my chewed up excuse for a leg and saying 'What the f"*k do you think that is??' :mad:

...A topic that really makes me twitch.:mad:

MJB, dangie and Zou like this.
  20. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Indeed. A friend of SWMBO's had CF, and she said that she felt guilty sometimes using her blue badge because she didn't look disabled.

The pseudomonas got her, at 23.