1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I sympathise although I don't have the problem. Since I no longer have a microwave oven (haven't bothered replacing the old one), I decant meals like this and cook them in the oven, in different dishes.
    I agree. The top film is useless and can't be peeled off in a oner (usually). I hate the way those plastic containers deform too, so that's why I put the contents into different containers for cooking. Works for me.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It's really irritating that some products are covered with film that comes off the container smoothly and in one piece while other products (from the same company) are covered in film that is practically auditioning for a job with the Berlin Wall!

Ready meal containers TZ70 P1030643.JPG

Catriona likes this.
  3. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle Well-Known Member

Stanley knife blade

4. Stephen Rundle

What I don't understand is why anyone would heat food in them anyway it is not hard to empty them on a plate to heat, sorry

5. Stephen Rundle

Because people still illegally record them !!!

6. Andrew Flannigan

Because that is how the product is intended to be used?

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm looking at you M&S!

8. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

They'll record anything, no matter whether it is the album version or the older single version.
    Having said that, I don't know what the DRM is like for recording from DAB, so it's likely if someone wants to record them it will be from FM if at all on the radio.
    Much more likely is they find a download site, legal or otherwise, and take it from there.

Recording from radio, for anyone who has access to the net must surely be extremely limited now.

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Plus if you wait the minute they tell you, you get the rigidity back. And the timings are calculated for the stuff in the tray, not out of it. Plus many things will splatter all over if you put them on a plate.

10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Down load a YouTube clip and extract the audio, takes but a few minutes.

12. Andrew Flannigan

Probably very neat and tidy. They leave all the rubbish outside. :mad:

Zou likes this.
  13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Probably spotless.
    Used to work with someone who kept their desk absolutely clean, neat and immaculate. Their home was a tip.

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Having been in hundreds if not thousands of houses, nothing would shock me. Stepping around dog and cat crap, bottled human urine, seeing kitchens that have never been cleaned, ever. Piles of dirty washing, dirty pots and pans, dirty kids nappies etc.
    Invariably apologised because they “haven’t cleaned today” when they mean ever.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I had the joy of inspecting a vacant office once. Even rats died when they went in:eek:

16. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

17. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Tip top tip for you.
    If you ask a visitor to sit and they say “it’s ok, I’ve been sat down most of the day”

if you ask a visitor if they’d like a drink and they reply “Thanks but if I drink any more I’ll be going to the toilet all day”

They are being polite. Your sofa is minging and so are your cups. Clean your house!

AndyTake2 likes this.
  19. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

One of the things one needs to check when buying a microwave with 1000w or more power outputs is if it also supports the most commonly-used 800w power level that is displayed on microwavable meals and in recipe books. My 1000 Panasonic does not, so I had to make a conversion chart, as the manufacturer cannot be ar*ed to offer users one.

20. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I've never noticed difference between 800, 900, 1000. On different machines they seem to be the same.