1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I use the virtual keyboard on my phone so that does that make me?

2. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

You must have dainty fingers .
    When I use mine it 50:50 if what I pressed comes up on the screen .
    And then predictive text changes it to something else anyway , do I guess it doesn't matter anyway .
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse sounds handy , but if I were to mess about with them I might as well just turn the computer on .

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The Linux Desktop has just been annoying the hell out of me. It's so busy being different from Apple and Microsoft that it's unusable for an idiot like me. After spending 30 minutes trying to copy half a dozen files I gave up and dropped into the terminal. Two minutes later the job was done. :mad:

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Totally bemused at what you have just said. Dropped into the terminal? You fell??

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Can't get speakers until Thursday. Ah well, if desperate, I'll try plugging in some old headphones. Well, one of the plugs anyway - the other one being for the microphone. :( Don't know if that will work though.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Deeply in lurv! :D :D :D

Catriona likes this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hmm. Neighbours' yappy dog wriggled under the fence and bit my wife. We are not amused.

8. Andrew Flannigan

You have a remedy if you choose to use it...
    Chihuahua in Window of Sidwell Street hairdressers Exeter GM5 _1050473.JPG

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm aware of that. She's a yappy little thing but I'm not keen on either her or her owners being 'punished' - they just need to train/control her better. And fix the hole under the fence. ;)

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Get a bigger dog or even a big cat...

11. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Not being able to hold our cat, thanks to this f****** virus, as she was put to sleep yesterday.

RovingMike likes this.
  12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

That's horrible, my sympathies I can't imagine not being able to do that

EightBitTony likes this.
  13. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I got an iPad from our son! Setting it up and sorting passwords across four devices has been challenging! I hate paswords

14. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear that.
    Letting our pets go is hard enough, without not being able to hold them in the end.

EightBitTony likes this.
  15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your cat, Tony.

EightBitTony and RovingMike like this.
  16. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

The ungratefulnes of some creatures. Found a wasp in the en suite earlier and decided not to go all the way downstairs for the swatter, but to let the poor thing live. So I took a couple of sheets of bog roll and covered it on the window and tried to pick it up gently to put it out of the window. It stung me on end of the thumb.

So I went and got the swatter.

Catriona and MJB like this.
  17. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My hand would be like a boxing glove by now. I'm really not good with stings.

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Vengeance is mine said the Lord...

19. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

and you a former policeman...

20. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I've yet to find anything positive to say about wasps. Even the name is horrible. I'm sure Chris Packham will be along in a minute and tell me what wonderful creatures they are...

Catriona likes this.