1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Yep.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Thought so. The infrastructure is long in need of overhaul, but as with everything, public service broadcasting doesn't pay well and appears to be hated by everyone.

3. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

And people wonder why it isn't broadcast in 4k:confused:
    We've got until around 2028 before 8k is supposed to start coming online, but whether the BBC will exist in it's present form then is debatable (2028 was the rough target set by the BBC when they introduced HD - they were never going to introduce 4k as mainstream)

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Got snuffle and headache. Hope it's just a cold.
    Can't remember when I last had one.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Shhh. They'll quarantine us all in here.

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

Don't jest! With the first of our cruise ships in yesterday - and I had to go to town to the chemist and bank, who knows what bugs were lurking around me.

7. dream_police

I've got the feeling my body is starting to fall apart. I had to have a chest Xray yesterday and week after next I have an ultrasound on my gut and renal areas, as I keep getting pains in that region. Whilst they are doing that they are scanning my groin for a hernia. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, had X ray, as I said yesterday, and got an appointment for an ultra sound next week (which I had to change for the following week as we will be in Kiev next week) Not sure if I should be pleased with the service or worried that it has come through so quickly!

8. Catriona

That's not so good Nige. That ultrascan will be an experience. All the water you have to drink beforehand and then lie there as they shove the scanner against you. Poor you. I hope there's nothing horrid lurking. It was good to be so quick and a shame you'll be away next week! Keep us in the loop.

Zou and dream_police like this.
  9. Catriona

Having just gone for a drink and having to attack the plastic top with a knife to manage to turn the bloomin cap! Succeeded!

10. dream_police

So do I. I've been having the pains on and off since Christmas or so and feels muscular but it isn't. It comes and goes. As he pressed the top of my abdomen it was tender so he has prescribed me Omeprazole as the tender area that he prodded is the top of my stomach.

In fairness, when I phoned to change my appointment, there were many appointments at 3 different local venues week commencing 16th March I could have had, so i don't think I have been made urgent. The way the X rays work in our area is the doctor prints out the X ray request and you just go along to the X ray dept at the hospital and join the queue.

11. Catriona

I can't take that, but I do take the Gaviscon double action pills on occasion, especially after something spicy or creamy. Hope it works for you.

12. dream_police

I've never suffered with acid etc so have never taken any similar meds in my life. Not really sure why he prescribed it as it could be for a number of things, but something obviously prompted him.

13. Catriona

You might not be aware of it if it is just a bit leaky at the entrance to the stomach. You'd know about it if it was getting higher.

14. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

face-with-medical-mask_1f637.png

DPD managed to "Miss deliver" my new ironing board

I was still reeling at the shock of having to spend £52 to buy the thing from Amazon and then DPD go and loose it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Catriona likes this.
  15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Ultrasound is probably to check for gallstones.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

Yes. That's how they found my gungy/sludgy gallbladder exit. Not stones so didn't show on CT scan. Still got my gallbladder 5 years later.

17. Catriona

Wicked man!
    That's quite a price for an ironing board! Mind you, I haven't bought one for a few years.

Derek W likes this.
  18. dream_police

And presumably kidney stones?
    And of course he needs to check whether my lump in my groin is in fact a hernia or whether i'm just a bit fat, lol.

19. Catriona

To my knowledge, things like gallstones and kidneystones should show up on an X-ray and certainly a CT scan. Ultrasound sees soft damaged areas.

20. dream_police

Well, i guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Catriona likes this.