1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Follow a thread? Never!

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

What grinds my gears...

I've just taken a tin of carrots out of the cupboard as part of my lunch. I put the tin on my worktop and took the can opener out of the drawer. As I was opening the tin, I started complaining to myself about having to use the opener - I've become used to ring-pull opening tins of veg - I conducted a small fantasy in which I wrote to Tesco to complain and received an entire case of non-ring-pull tins of carrots in compensation and thought about how annoyed I'd be. With the tin open. I tipped the contents into a pan and threw the empty tin into the bin.

It really grinds my gears when I accidentally put a ring-pull tin of carrots in the cupboard upside-down!

Cheers, Jeff

John Farrell, Zou, RovingMike and 8 others like this.
  3. Catriona

Haha! Good one!

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Sorry, tinned carrots?

5. Catriona

Better than bendy frozen ones. Or bendy 'fresh' ones!

PS actually I love those slim ones. Forget what they are called, but a quick wash and in the pot with them. Excellent.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I rather like mine roasted with potatoes and parsnips.

Catriona likes this.
  7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Goes well with his tinned mushrooms and potatoes and tinned fray bentos steak and ale pie.:)

spinno likes this.
  8. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I'm not much into tinned food, I'd rather a five minute walk to the shops and buy fresh but what ever you prefer.

I actually enjoy cooking, and eating, so I'll put up with the inconvenience.

9. dream_police

The only tinned veg etc that we use is tinned sweetcorn (rarely eat it but have it in for when my daughter is home), chickpeas and various beans including of course baked beans.

Catriona likes this.
  10. Catriona

Same here!

11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The only tinned food in our cupboards is Coconut Milk and Baked Beans, if there is anything else it was bought for us and it is probably pretty old.

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

she used to think but now she just acts...an ex-pensive girl:rolleyes:

Catriona likes this.
  13. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I shall consider myself thoroughly chastised for eating tinned vegetables.

14. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You're in good company.

15. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

The fact that our daughter is going on a ski trip, with school, to Italy next month, so we booked a trip to Malta while she's away, but now there's a chance that the ski trip might be cancelled because of fecking coronavirus. :mad:

16. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

We keep a fair stock of tinned and packet food around. We've experienced too many power cuts not to take precautions...

Tinned food in cupboard TZ70 P1030555.JPG

17. dream_police

Don’t lie. You are one of those preppers aren’t you?

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I'm so ill-prepared for anything that they used to call me Andrew the Anready. :oops:

19. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Fine dining doesn't get any better than that...... :)

20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

My wife just came home from work and said "who the f@#* faced those shelves up!".