1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Film Do you hav in your Camera?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by AJUK, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Barrington

Barrington Well-Known Member

Not all of my cameras have film in at the moment because sometimes I decide on the day what to put in.However,having had a quick scan I can reveal that at the moment..

Minolta SR1 (HP5)
    Rolleiflex SL35E (Kodachrome 64)
    Rollei 35T (Delta 3200)
    Leica M6 (Gigabit 40)
    Mamiya 645 (yet more HP5)
    Minox 35GT (NPH)

Some cameras are better at colour than black and white..or the other way round.The SL35E is pretty good in B&W but excels itself when fed with Kodachrome 64.The M6 has had one roll of colour in it in its entire life.B&W is the way to go with that one.The Minolta is pretty good at both but has leanings towards B&W too.You may gather that I don't shoot and awful lot of colour! The Minox gives pleasing results but as it's my 'down the pub'/'day out' pocket camera colour print works well,especially on pro emulsions.

Barrington

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ah, the T. Whatever you fancy will do nicely. Depends how you want to treat the colours - some films are more saturated than others.

For B&W, I think Ilford HP5+ takes a lot of beating.

3. ShaneFage

ShaneFage New Member

Yeah, I love this thing! I must admit... "Lulu the Leica" has been spending some time at home... "of late".

:)

I'll pick up some Ilford.

I found some new (in the box... 1960, that is) focusing glass for it. 7 pounds!!!!

4. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to say HP5 as well, although I also love Delta 400 as well (same speed, different grain structure I think)

For slower mono films try Adox Police film, Ilford Pan F+ 50iso (luuurrvely) and delta 100. I really love the super fast Delta 3200 as well.

For colour try Kodak Portra 160VC for slow colour... or Fuji Provia 100 if you want to try slide (my fave slide film!).

5. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

I have a Sensia 100 in my EOS100, a Superia 200 in my Mju105 Compact and an Ilford FP4+ in my Nikon 250SV compact, so I reckon I'm covered all ways. If only the b****y weather was better, I could get out and take some pictures!!!!!!!!

6. Hoojio

Hoojio Well-Known Member

In my camera there is:

Mamiya C3 - Ilford HP5+
    Zeiss Ikon Nettar - Fuji NPH400
    Zenit-E - Kodachrome 64
    Nikon F80 - Fuji Provia 100F

7. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

What camera do you have film in?

For those sad compulsives like me who collect elderly cameras this is the crunch question.

In my case it is a Yashica GSN at present but I have been known to swap a single 36 exp film between up to four cameras.

8. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Re: What camera do you have film in?

Glad to hear that I'm not alone. It's one reasonably sure way of eliminating even subtle E6 process variations. In my case the bodies were Nikon F3, Nikon N8008, EOS 30V & Canon T90. It was impressive to see how well the 1/8000s exposure held up on the relatively old N8008.

9. DH801

DH801 New Member

New to this forum and I think this thread is quite refreshing.

Anyway:
    Hasselbald, 1 back with Velvia 100F and another with, well come to think about it it neads reloading. Mmmm XP2?
    Ropey 801s - empty
    F3 Fuji Reala (scan and convert to B&W)
    F5 empty awaiting sale (got me peepers on the new Epson 750Pro....mmmmm nice scannerrrrr ;))
    Couple of 5x4 dark slides with Velvia in.

Anybody not tried Velvia 100 yet, give it a go it is good, very good. Maybe not quite a saturated as Velvia 50 but not that far off. Anyway once scanned this can always be increased in Photowahteveryouareusingshop.

Enjoy Film, Enjoy reality. :)

10. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

OM-40 Fuji Neopan 400CN <bought an OM-40 to replace the OM-30, which was working but had seen better days, I have the OM-30 to my cousin with a 28mm lens and some of that cheap Konica film 7Dayshop were selling at £2 for 10.

OM-10 Kodak 400NC, I have been asked to photograph another wedding! I have loved the pictures I have seen online from this film, last time I used Fuji NPS160, which I found too saturated, or could this be the lab doing this?

11. DropOut

DropOut Member

Minolta 7000 - Velvia 50 (how much of this stuff is there left?)
    Ricoh Kr10 - Tri-X 400
    Yashica Mat - FP4+

Not the most exciting selection but that's what I use much of the time.

12. Since I got my Jobo CPE-2 I have been using XP2 a great deal, usually in my Canon 50E. My Leica 3G is usually loaded with XP2 or Neopan Acros 100, which I develop in Paterson FK-50, a very eco-friendly kit. I also use Superia 400, as it is so forgiving.
    Bri

13. Smudger68

Smudger68 Member

Ilford HP5 Plus 400 in the EOS 300x, Fuji Velvia 50 in the Mamiya C330S

14. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Erm, Isn't XP2 C-41?

15. Sorry, my post was a bit confusing.
    Yes, XP2 and Superia are C41 process (the Jobo is very good at keeping the temperature spot on) and I use FX-50 for the Neopan Acros 100.
    Bri

16. robc

robc Well-Known Member

In my...
    EOS 33 - Velvia 100f
    EOS 300 - Superia 100
    FE - Tri-X
    FE2 - Provia 400f

Normally a black and white kinda guy, but am in India so colour has taken over for a while.

17. Baz008

Baz008 New Member

I mostly use an F5, though I still stick with maual 35mm's being either Pentax MX, or SP1000. Only film I use is (colour) Velvia 50, (black and white) Ilford 3200 and Agfa Scala film. All 3 films offer superb results in the right hands.

Baz

www.nortonphotographic.com

18. radim

radim Well-Known Member

Yashica Mat - Fuji Astia

19. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Yesterday it was Fuji 200asa colour film (superia?) in the canon, and Kodak HIE in a Chinon (purchased a couple of years ago for the "£150:00" challenge!!)
    The Bronica backs are loaded with delta 400 and fp4.
    Isn't it great to have such a choice! ;)