1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Film Do you hav in your Camera?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by AJUK, Sep 22, 2005.

1. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

THis is the inportant question.

In my OM-10 I have Ilford XP2 my OM-30 has Superia 100 and me XA2 (where ever it is :D) Has that roll of Konica film AP gave away in it.

2. Fluke

Fluke Well-Known Member

Why is this the important question?

Kodak Tri-X 400, which I process myself and have become quite fond of recently.

Steve

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

In my RX, Velvia 100; in my EOS 3, Velvia 100F; in the EOS 1V, Provia 100F; in the Rollei 3.5F, SF-X; in the Rollei 2.8F, Scala; in the Rollei T, Velvia; in the Rollei SL35E, Porst 200; in the EOS 5, Pan F; in the OM1n, Superia 400; in the Voigtlander Bessa R2, Reala; in the EOS 10, E-IR; in an EOS 600, High Speed InfraRed.

4. ncmoody

ncmoody Well-Known Member

In my E-300 I have a PQI 1Gb card and in my Exilim a Kingston 512Mb. Each of which have a capacity of about 250 shots ! :D

5. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

I don't have a fixed type of film in any particular camera.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I used to. I used to keep Velvia in the EOS 5, Provia 400 in the EOS 100, HP5 in the EOS 10 and infra-red in the 600, back in my all-film days - these days I tend to just pick up a camera I fancy using and load it with a film I fancy using - hence the melange described earlier.

7. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

Hi there!

I favour Provia400F, it is an excellent film with fine grain for its speed and it's very flexible (very good push and pull capabilities), but I also like Kodachrome64, Sensia100/200/400 (got good results pushing this one to 800),TMax3200 (Ilove this one too), Superia 400/1600 (I once had a Superia 1600 that it's grain was eeriely clean, I think I had a good batch I'll post a pic since I finally managed to get some space for online pics with my ISP). With black and white films the list could go on and on, but I kind of took a liking to using Kodak 400CN lately (apart from the TMax3200).

Back to colour, I have seen the results from Velvia 50 but I haven't used it myself as yet but I'll be running to the shops for the last batches, it is going to cease production.

I am not brand loyal but Fuji has always impressed me.

Regards,

Provia_fan

8. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

Here's a photo from that eerie Superia 1600 film batch. I think it may have been due to the colours of the subject on this photo that the grain was pretty much subdued...this is the cleanest from the batch...If I recall exposure was 1/15s at F11

Image replaced by link as way too big - Moderator.

Regards,

Provia_fan

9. snapperlondon

snapperlondon Well-Known Member

Ricoh GR1 - Ilford Delta 3200 (would normally be Tri-X)
    Nikon FM2n - Kodak Tri-X
    Rolleiflex 3.5F - Kodak Tri-X
    Voigtlander Bessa I - Kodak Tri-X

Yes, I know there is a theme developing there...I also use Kodak Portra VC and Fuji Reala for colour work, but most of the time I shoot colour on my Nikon D100!

10. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

So you need 250 shots to take a good picture, Sorry Could not resist it, Like I have said before when Quaintity is a must I use my digital camera.

Niether do I I'm just asking what you have in your camera now.

11. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

In the F5 - HP5, in the C330f - HP5, in the Yashica GTN - HP5.

12. ncmoody

ncmoody Well-Known Member

There are some that would say 250 shots is not enough for me to get a good picture. :D

13. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Personally, as I've got two Yashica 230AF bodies, I have black and white [c41 process] film in one, and slide film in the other [I think it's Agfa, just whatever's going on offer online at the time]

I'm starting to work my way through to a specific brand of b&w and slide film, but it'll be a while before I 'settle' on the ones I like.

In the meantime it'll stay the same, b&w in one, [colour] slide film in the other...

G.

Yashica 230 AF, lenses: 400mm, 28-80, 28, 50, 70-210...

14. David_J_Colbran

David_J_Colbran Well-Known Member

Ilford Delta 100 at the moment

15. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Truth be told, I don't know :D but if I had to guess if it is colour, either Fuji 200 or 400 Superia, or if it is B&W, it would have to be Kodak BWC.

And, FWIW, the camera is an AsahiFlex IIb from 1952 and the film was probably loaded in there sometime in the summer of 2002 :eek: because I picked up my Digi Compact in Sept 2002 ;).

:)

Jack

16. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

IS that film camera bad? Not sure how you can replace anything film with a Digi P&S *hides*

17. Steve_Bell

Steve_Bell Well-Known Member

Mamiya C220 loaded with Ilford Delta 100 120, nothing in the Toyo 45A, but film holders loaded with FP4+, HP5+, Velvia 50 and E100VS

18. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

In my Pentax LX outdated Fuji Superia 400 I am using for local press jobs;have another job at 5pm tonight then will cut and process in C41 and scan and send to paper. In my Rollei 3.5 F outdated Fuji NPC 160 I was given, in my Hasselblad 501cm outdated (yr 2000 ) Provia 100 in the 16 back, in the 12 on back outdated Kodak T-max 100 with some pictures of badgers taken at the Minehead Youth Hostel, film not finished yet.

19. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

Oh dear, let's see.

OM4Ti: Fuji Sensia 400.
    OM4: Ilford Delta 400.
    OM2n: Kodak Pro Elite 400
    OM2n: Agfa Scala.
    OM1n: Fuji Velvia 50.
    OM10: Not loaded.
    Contax 167MT: Kodak Pro Elite 400
    Leica R4: Kodak Pro Elite 400
    Leica IIIa: not loaded.
    Leica MP: Ilford PanF
    Canon GIIIQL17: Kodak Pro Elite 400.
    FED IV: not loaded.
    Voighlander Bessa-R: Kodak Pro Elite 400.
    Mamyia RB67: Kodak Technical Pan.
    Pentax 67II: 220 Kodak Tri-X.

Hum, anyone detect signs of obsession here :)

20. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Kodak Technical Pan.

WOW!