1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DSLR has PROPER articulated screen

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Stephen Rundle, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

I may re buy my canon eos 60D for the proper articulated screen

What is the cheapest NEW Canon with one please.

Is there a Nikon with one and I mean full rotatable articulated NOT just one direction

Found the 5300, any others ;)

Thanks

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Don't see the point really, but I've never used live-view on a DSLR, a right angled-finder does me. I can't remember if I've used the articulated screen on my Fuji mirrorless to take a picture, I think I've always used the viewfinder. I have pulled it out to see what it does.

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

D5100. Even cheaper

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. Stephen Rundle

Not what I asked is it !!!! why post ?

5. Stephen Rundle

Thank you I'll look at it appreciated

There are reasons why I asked, disability being one, I have no idea why ............... why someone wants something concerns others :(

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I have it on my Nikon D5300 and also on my Panasonic. I find I am using the live view more and more. Certainly a lot of the shots I do, having an angled screen is a great advantage. The squirrel and Jackdaw shots, OK not NH perfect stuff, I took last week. It was so much easier sitting still inside, camera on my lap, glancing at the screen, then taking the shot. Had I been moving and using the viewfinder they would have noticed me a damn sight quicker than they did.

Stephen Rundle likes this.
  7. Stephen Rundle

Thanks, appreciated

When I took these the camera was on a tripod right back against the wall you could not see the screen or the viewfinder the ONLY way to see the image was to fold out the screen and flip it

feeding time.jpg

8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I have used it very successfully on a tripod with an Olympus E5 also with a Pen-F of course those are only available second hand now, I am seriously considering upgrading to a 6D mk2 in order to get it on FF but that is a bit extravagant

9. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

The two cameras I have it on are my Canon EOS 60D and my Sony a77ii .
    The Sony A mount cameras my main system and I can highly recommend the a77ii if your happy with an EVF and aren't tied into a system by lenses .
    The EOS 60D ( and an old 5D ) were bought partly to use with the Canon 1-5x macro when I had it , and for when I use some Canon film cameras where I want stabilised lenses and want a digital backup .

It sounds like you had the 60D anyway , so you'll know if it'll suite you needs again .
    I'm not sure what other options are available with this feature , so can't help you further .
    For low level shooting , macro etc , it's certainly a big help .

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You remember you asked us to tell you when you might be going over the edge? You're going.

11. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Sorry can’t help re-Nikon
    But I have both the 70d and 80d (never used a 60d)
    Of the two I have I much prefer the 70d even though the 80d is more advanced.

Reason??
    Continuous focus in liveview.....amazing, 70d tracks the subject whereas the 80d has deleted this feature. It’s the only reason I kept the 70d, also think the build quality is “tighter” on 70d. 80d squeaks! It’s lighter than 70d so guessing canon used thinner plastics ?? Or some other cost cutting measure - needless to say I much prefer the 70d for handing.

Never held a 90d so can’t comment on either continuous live view focusing or build quality.