1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of the TZ10 and Panasonic cameras in general?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by matthews69, Jun 28, 2010.

1. matthews69

matthews69 New Member

What does everyone think of the TZ10? I am thinking of getting it. What about pansonic cameras in general. Are they good? Would you recommend them? I have found some videos like this on youtube, but is this what the video is actually like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2vxn6NVqow

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Panasonic compact cameras are amongst the best IMHO, especially the TZ range

3. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I've just bought a TZ7 from Amazon at £195. Excellent value. As yet I've only used it on its "full auto" mode. Must say it's very impressive. I bought the TZ7 instead of the TZ10 not because of the price difference, but because I didn't need GPS, which really is the only major difference. I never saw a bad review of any of the TZ range of cameras. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. Super camera.

4. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

I think Panasonic are very good overall (including cameras).

5. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

My wife has an FS15 which I find depressingly good especially when I lug my G9 Canon around and for 99% of the time the little Panasonic is it's equal for 1/3 the overall size.

6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I have got the TZ8 (I dont need sat nav) and it is fantastic. and the zoom is good I have had some great pics.I would recomend Panasonic, I am considering a lx5 as well.

7. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

8. Alphonso

Alphonso Well-Known Member

Re: What do you think of the TZ10 and Panasonic cameras in gener

Super results. I know someone that has one, the results are excellent. No viewfinder though.
    Alphonso

9. MarchHare2

MarchHare2 In the Stop Bath

I bought a Pana FZ10 back in 2004. Although there have been many subsequent models, apart from the video (320x280) I have seen no improvement that has made me want to change it, It is excellent apartb from the video standard. In 2004 it was just under £400, rather than move up for HD video, I now use a Kodak Zx1 pocket video camera for my video which has to be a rapid switch on and shoot. That's something which the better spec. camera's can't do. The HDV is excellent and it only cost £48.10 delivered.

Panasonic camera's are very good. With the 12x Leica lens I can take a picture of a vehicle at 150 metres and read the number plate.

10. tjacks55

tjacks55 New Member

Well I have a lovely Pink FS15 and I love it!:p I use it to take simple things of life and its so small I carry it on every nights out;) I think that its the same quality of image with the TZ10 but the design is a bit better bough mine on ebay for 80 pounds :cool: