1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What digital is capable of?

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by gareth.lock, Aug 13, 2002.

1. gareth.lock

gareth.lock Well-Known Member

Check out this site http://noahgrey.com and see what you can achieve with a digital camera!

Gareth

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

3. Reading

Reading Well-Known Member

Nice gallery, but apart from the fact that you can take picture with them, tells us little about what a digital camera can do.

4. gareth.lock

The reason I posted this link was because I think the quality of a 2nd generation digital camera (Coolpix), and not SLR, is quite awesome. I did not create the title 'What digital is capable of?' to mean not what you can do objectively with a digital camera but more to let people know what quality you can get.

Gareth

5. Reading

and my point was that a 733*550 pixel compressed jpg on the web does nothing to indicate any issues of quality.

6. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Gareth is simply showing that it's possible to take decent pics with modern digitals compared to the older generation digital cameras and that you don't need to splash out on an expensive SLr to get good pics.

Leave nothing but footprints,take nothing but photographs.

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And Rob is simply saying that you can't possibly judge the quality on web work - almost anything is good enough for that. Nice pics, though.

Nick BSRIPN

8. Reading

exactly - you can judge the photography, but not the medium. A 110 camera could produce results just as good.

9. dogbyte

dogbyte In the Stop Bath

Sometimes Rob is inclined to get a bit cross

Manys the time I've been into Reading's Jessops, got what I want, and cleared off whilst Rob likes to do a John MacInroe impression on one of the luckless assistants!!! (or when he's feeling particularly mean, on the manager)

Haven't you posted that link before - it looks familiar?

Pete IRIPN

10. gareth.lock

There are always 2 sides to a story!!

No, I haven't posted the link on this website forum. However, I did put a link in some text of a reply to another subject talking about sharpness (or rather my lack of it!!)

Gareth

11. Reading

Hope I didnt come across as cross, sorry if I did.

I just dont see how you can judge quality from the site linked with small jpgs.

I think you should have put a smiley or something on your second paragraph about Jessops though - you really do make me sound mean if someone were to believe it! Besides I am strictly an LCE man now, and much happier for it!