1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Pork loin, roast spuds and purple sprouting.

John Farrell likes this.
  2. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

6oz chuck steak burger in a bap with sliced onion and tomato, washed down with a big glass of Baron de Ley.
    Now having a wedge of cheesecake while watching the box.

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Not the ultra skinny catering ones everyone around here sells, fried in oil until they become thin strips of grease that when you bite into them explode into a grease laden mess. I admit I can eat them when they are piping hot but they cool very quickly and when they do that's when they become ghastly and every fast food place around here fries at least one massive sack of them at the same time then leaves them under a light for however long it takes to sell them

4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Last of the curry for lunch so given between the neighbours offerings for Ramadam (Bloody nice mutton one yesterday) I am curried out and tonight just having a minced beef and onion pie with triple cooked chips and peas

5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Tonight was ham salad and fresh strawberries from the veg box. Our boxes this week were a salad box and a fruit box but now having tried most of the options available the 'couple's box' with additional items added seems out preferred one! Just wait until this week's box gets here when I can be proved wrong and have to eat large portions of humble pie every day next week!!!!:confused:

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Roast chicken dinner, despite it being 300 degrees out.

ascu75 likes this.
  7. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

A rather lovely beef and mushroom pie with jersey potatoes, carrots and peas. She does a very nice pastry.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Leftover curry. Made it a couple of days ago and has become a wee bit milder with resting. Hotter than we usually eat, but still rather tasty. Sadly no poppadoms to be found at either local supermarket.

Learning likes this.
  9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

When you have made a curry that is a bit too hot, have you tried adding plenty of chopped fresh coriander leaves? Coriander is very easy to grow. I suppose you know that already but the suggestion might be useful to someone here.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yes, I rather like that but I know a good number of folk can't stand the stuff. I also like coconut and ground almonds for similar purposes. Choice of accompanying drink important too. Thistly Cross cider tonight.

11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Hate coriander leaf. Can almost take powder.
    Hate coconut - too much as a kid, along with caraway seeds - was the only cakes post war!
    Happy with ground almonds.
    Pass the cider please.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Give it another few minutes and I will. :oops::eek:

LesleySM, AndyTake2, spinno and 2 others like this.
  13. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Spicy chicken and cous cous from a recipe from our son who is in Qatar! Since lockdown our culinary repertoire has become more international
    Don

Catriona and John Farrell like this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Spinach/almond pesto on gf fusili, followed by an apple.

John Farrell likes this.
  15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

We had a surprisingly nice Salmon, prawn and white wine Wellington from Aldi. Considering the cost it should have been awful, but far from it. Tasted anything like M&S would sell.
    I was going to make a carbonara but we'd already had loads of eggs in some frittatas that Sarah made at lunch time, so that might be tonights unless I decide to venture out (not left the house since Saturday) and get something to BBQ instead.

16. dream_police

I was talking about with my mum yesterday about food she used to cook us as kids. One thing that sticks in my mind that I will cook soon was plaice cooked with banana's and flaked almonds. Sarah was nearly throwing up at the thought so it'll have to be just for me, or maybe when the apocalypse has passed, for my mum too.

Geren and Catriona like this.
  17. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I had plaice with grapes, but never bananas. Similar sort of texture, I guess.
    I used to love banana with home cooked ham. Fried the banana in butter. That was nice bbq'd too, in its skin (split) with brown sugar and rum if you wished (I never liked rum).

dream_police likes this.
  18. dream_police

I found this recipe yesterday for banana stuffed plaice which sounded quite nice. I reckon @MJB is salivating at the thought.

19. dream_police

I used to BBQ bananas but instead of sugar, use mars bar.

Catriona likes this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Correction, instead of banana.