1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

My neighbour who has taken to feeding me as a "thank you" for being an NHS worker gave me a fruit salad and a potato and chickpea curry last night but I had just had dinner so that will be dinner tonight taken care of

Catriona likes this.
  2. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

All in the same dish?!

dream_police likes this.
  3. LesleySM

Nope! Curry on the plate then fruit with ice cream in a bowl to soothe my outraged taste buds

ascu75 and Catriona like this.
  4. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I was wrong about the ping curries! We had them tonight straight outta the containers to give Heather a 'night off' yeah she still ha s to do everything so a slightly easier night! She has just put me to bed so she gets about twenty minutes to herself before ZZZ's
    talking of which GOODNIGHT :)

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

We can order takeaway from our local chippy which is only 2 miles away from us. You have to order from the doorway behind a screen and can't go in. Luckily the weather was nice tonight. It took me 1/2 an hour to get to the front of the queue.

Shame I couldn't pop into the pub for a pint!

chippy tea.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Catriona and ascu75 like this.
  6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Jealous!

Mind you, I wouldn't queue in the weather I've currently got!
    I'd be at the front of the queue without taking a step.

dream_police likes this.
  7. dream_police

It was so nice too. Normally leave a very small amount of fish for the cat. Not tonight. Sod her!

It was fairly windy but luckily still quite warm. We've had a fair few branches blown down on the road and on the way home for work I had to drive around a small felled tree.

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  8. Catriona

Oh, take care. It's the gusts that seem vicious today. We can go quiet for a while, then wallop!
    Glad the fish and chips were good. (said through gritted teeth). Ha!

dream_police likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Bolognese with fusili.

Can't imagine having to go 2 miles for the chippy - ours is a leisurely c10 minute stroll. Always quicker on the way back even though it's uphill!

John Farrell likes this.
  10. dream_police

I live 2 miles out of the main village so don't have a great deal of choice. Unfortunately that's where my closest shops are too.

11. LesleySM

I had a fairly big breakfast and a salad at lunchtime so I am not really hungry just nabbed some sultana scones with a bit of jam and butter yes President again!

But it is fated.....It's a bank holiday weekend, Co-Op tonight I got a bag of Jersey Royals for 30p, a pack of chestnut mushrooms for 30p and a small cauliflower for 50p so cheap dinners for the next few days. All along with a carrot I had in the fridge and some onions (I always have onions) in slow cooker with coconut milk, garlic puree, a little veggie stock and tikka masala paste and black pepper (Coarse ground) so veggie (well vegan) curry for the next 2 days served with rice or naan bread

Well I am not expecting any visitors, which may be a good thing.....

AndyTake2 and John Farrell like this.
  12. LesleySM

The curry is very good and there's a bit left so I am defrosting a chicken breast to add to it tomorrow so I've got 2 good dinners from some reduced to clear veggies and come to think of it a reduced to clear chicken breast.

Treated myself to some asparagus and got a couple of leeks reduced to clear and have some frankfurters so Monday will probably be frankfurters, asparagus, leeks , sweetcorn, the last of the Jersey Royals topped with grated cheddar, with black pepper, President butter and garlic puree mixed in or I might use some pasta and arrabiata sauce and top with grated parmesan

John Farrell likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just cooking some bean burgers for dinner, served with chips, accompanied by stout.

14. LesleySM

My nearest one is 20 minutes away unless I catch the bus, we used to have 2 very good ones less than 5 minutes away but they closed and now that is the nearest or well at least the nearest half decent one, there is one a bit nearer but the chips are disgusting!

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Chips that are disgusting are a crime against humanity.

16. LesleySM

Enjoy! I got some veggie burgers in Asda today and will have them later in the week I am rather partial to them and also Asda vegetable fingers so will probably end up with those as the side dish

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm sure I will enjoy them. We always seem to fiddle the recipe based on what we have around so it's never quite the same twice, but the core ingredients are sound so it's always tasty.

18. LesleySM

Possibly not as bad as French fries though. I have from time to time gone into a place and ordered "chips" only to find they serve me French fries sorry they go straight back as "I asked for chips NOT French fries" you'd be amazed how many places confuse the two.

I often sob (like now) for the fact it has been years since any local Chinese did Chinese chips, they were lovely massively thick but now you ask a Chinese for chips and yes....you get French fries

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well, I regret to inform you that fries are in fact (absolutely not subjective opinion) superior to chips. With salt and mayo, mmmmm. I probably should have been Belgian. :)

20. Catriona

Boring packed full of veggies Spanish omelette.