1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Cheesy baked potato.

John Farrell likes this.
  2. Catriona

Especially for @Zou The recipe is 80 years old - well, the recipe book is. :) I suspect my m-i-l gave me this, or I picked it up at an auction. 1940 vintage stuff.

pineapple recipe.jpg

John Farrell and Zou like this.
  3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Remember all those cooking book(let)s you used to get linked to various baking and other products - one or two are still available - 4oth edition, and I think there is a 41st listed!

But what worries me on that page is...
    Amazon-6.jpg

One way to keep the icing in place, I suppose...

Catriona likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Both sound good.

Catriona likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just finished pizza from my chippy. Perfect, with another glass of cab sauv.

Edit to add, plus 3 small spoons of Irn Bru sorbet to cleanse the palette.

John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  6. Catriona

I always like figs, but never went overboard for pineapple. :)

7. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

To my great joy Paul's has reopened for take out only so I treated myself to one their baguettes (£!.70 but I had half tonight and the other half will be used Sunday so I guess it;s not bad) as I couldn't be asked to cook I loaded some slices with LePresident brie.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Pizza

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Tuna pasta bake with sweetcorn.

10. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

I like pineapple, but absolutely love figs. When fig season gets hear I buy loads of them - they are available year around, but at over £1 each in waitrose, I don't think my benefits will stretch far enough to get through four or more each day. I'll wait til later in the year, then gorge on them:)

Zou and Catriona like this.
  11. LesleySM

Steak, triple cooked chips, garden peas, mushrooms, onions and a couple of fried eggs, I will move eventually (the steak was a nice bit of rump 90p reduced to clear in Lidl's before anyone thinks I'm rich, haven't had steak in ages)

Learning and Zou like this.
  12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Last night it was just scrambled eggs on toast. Tonight it's a defrosted portion of paella from the freezer. Tomorrow lunch might be a portion of beef stew, or else pan fried salmon tail fillet, though I had that last week so might keep it for midweek.

13. LesleySM

Probably in a minority of one here but I can't stand salmon, tinned was alright when I was a kid and we used to have it for Sunday tea but I have never liked salmon fillet

14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Just polished off homemade pizzas - help yourself combo of garlic and tomato sauce, mozarella, hot polish sausage, peppers, onions, mushrooms and olives. I had some of everything. Can't move now.

Zou and John Farrell like this.
  15. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Chicken on cous cous salad, yogurt and an apple!

16. dream_police

Fish fingers, chips and beans.

Now I know why I normally buy expensive and decent fish fingers. These cod fillet ones from Aldi were disgusting. Even the cat refused to eat them.

17. AndyTake2

Some of them are gross. Not sure which fish they use, but it should have been left to rot at the bottom of the sea.....oh wait, they probably did before fishing it up!

18. AndyTake2

Had Ribeye steak, spiced potatoes with courgette and red pepper.

Zou likes this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Okayu

20. dream_police

Is that the first half of some Sottish food?:)

Zou and AndyTake2 like this.