1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I tried that and it made an unholy mess on the table

2. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Have got a couple of lemon and herb Basa fillets in the oven.

Will be having some peas and baked potato fingers* with them

*chips :D

3. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Anyone else having steak today? ;)

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

You?

5. Catriona

Me
    ap salad dinner.jpg

6. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I like the hedgehogs

Catriona likes this.
  7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Mushroom stroganoff tonight. We fell off the wagon last night. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant. Veggie options was tofu. Hate the stuff, so had beef. It was nice. Might have to try it again.;)

And i'm off to my cousin's pub tomorrow. They do a great roast. Might have to fall off the wagon again!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Catriona likes this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oven's on for sausages tonight.

9. dream_police

It's just cracking off the baked mud that is a pain.

John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I misread that and had an shocking image which I'm trying to remove from my memory by dunking my head in bleach. :eek::eek::eek:

spinno, dream_police and MJB like this.
  11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

#me_too

spinno, dream_police and Zou like this.
  12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Grill roasted chicken breast with piri-piri seasoning and chips. Got a bottle of Innis and Gunn rum cask aged beer.

13. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

No. Approx 250g length of lamb rack. I started cooking the ready scored fat in a frying pan for about 5 minutes (The meat is insulated from the heat by the fat), then cooked it in the oven for twelve minutes' Let it stand on a hot plate under a a bit of crumpled foil for about 10 minutes while I finished the veg. Imagine this, Fat crisped and well rendered, meat pink juicy but safely browned on the outside. I had some good lamb stock based gravy from the freezer. I usually drink a claret with this sort of thing but today had a half litre bottle of Rioja which Morrisons presently have on offer. I feel very satisfied. Too full for Stilton so that treat is still to come.

Gezza and Zou like this.
  14. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Especially for Dream Police, who seems to think my cooking is weird

Nabbed a pack of boneless chicken thighs cut into cubes,

Put a boil in the bag rice on with some frozen peas and sweetcorn

Fried the chicken and some onions with a little chilli powder

Drained the rice and veggies and added them to the chicken and onion, added black pepper

Stir fried everything together and then broke a couple of large eggs on top and mixed them in

Sorta chicken egg fried rice- very nice

ascu75, John Farrell and Bipolar like this.
  15. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Tonight the kitchen staff have informed me we are having curry with the remains of the chicken we ave been hacking bits off all week.
    I'm signing off quick before afore mentioned staff looks over my shoulder reads this and either beats me or refuses to cook th curry ;);)
    Stay safe out there folks
    Don

Zou and Catriona like this.
  16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yesterday was leftover leek and potato soup. Tonight will be sausages with balsamic roasted mini toms and some form of potato on the side.

Catriona likes this.
  17. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Fresh, as in not frozen or tinned, small potatoes, onions, carrots, chunks of swede, fennel, farmed salmon, and fresh from the garden and greenhouse, coriander and garlic chives, and from the freezer home grown last season's jalapeno and lemon drop chillis. A small amount of butter, olive oil, salt and water were also used. I will leave it to you to work out my possible recipe. I can be just as bizarre as Leslie when I cook. I have refined this dish over several years.

18. dream_police

I made a paneer butter curry and tandoori roasted broccoli. The curry was a new recipe. Very nice it was too.

Catriona and John Farrell like this.
  19. Catriona

From the sight of the veg I've just prepared, it's going to be veggy eggy fried rice tonight... and tomorrow... and the next...

Managed to get some carrots and peppers. so the veg is shallots, french beans (frozen), yellow and red peppers, peas (frozen), sweetcorn (frozen) and carrots (shredded).
    With scrambled omelette and maybe finish off the smoked salmon, that should be me for a few days!

20. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Chicken casserole - roast potatoes - cabbage - - Apfel strudel with hot custard