1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Try living with a vegan!!

Not that we do now that she is away at uni for most of the time.

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I like carageen for setting purposes. There's a lovely carageen pudding which I love with cream and raspberry jam. :) For those who don't know, it's a bit like Panna Cotta

https://www.epicurus.com/food/recipes/carrageen-moss-pudding/47821/

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Try ....
    Dr. Oetker Vege-Gel Sachets
    19.5g
    ★★★★★
    ★★★★★
    (2)

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Doing a boring grill roasted chicken breast with piri-piri seasoning and chips, washed down with a bottle of "Old Crafty Hen"
    Tomorrow lunch will be rib-eye steak, roasted veg, mushrooms, and maybe Tom's. Also doing a big batch of venison stew for the freezer.

Learning and Catriona like this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Bean burgers with oven chips, nearly ready. Wine.

Geren and Catriona like this.
  6. Catriona

Seen those burgwers but not tried them yet. Are they nice? Perhaps you make your own though, so they will be!

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I’m no longer having dinner. Sore throat and shivers. Hot todddy and bed.

8. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Wanted something quick and warming, heated up a tin of Irish Stew, threw in the drained contents of a small tin of new potatoes and one of marrowfat peas and for an extra kick, generous sprinklings of black pepper and chilli powder. Ate it out the pan with some fresh bread to mop up the gravy

Wont win any awards for haute cuisine etc but perfect comfort food on a very cold night

Zou likes this.
  9. Catriona

Hope your sore throat goes quicker than mine. Had it for about two weeks now. Get well soon!

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yes, home made. Kidney beans mashed up, quinoa, onions and garlic fried with spices, walnuts and the special ingredient, zest and squeeze of juice of a lime. Did them as big patties today, and we used some gochujang paste to make a spicy pepper sauce to top them with. 9.5/10. ;)

Catriona likes this.
  11. dream_police

Well the curries and the cheesecake went down well, mixed with some beer and wine of course. Just told them they won’t be getting sausage butties in the morning either!

Zou likes this.
  12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

did they run out screaming? I have some sausages I need to use up and onions and obviously bread and there's two large free range eggs I need to use up. So tomorrow that's 4 good pork with caramelised onion sausages, onion and fried egg sandwiches for breakfast....well I need to set myself up for the week

Zou likes this.
  13. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Pork sausages, new potatoes, salad and pickles.....washed down with an Aussie Shiraz.

Zou likes this.
  14. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Some @#%&ing host you are!

15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've had this rumbling in the background for a while but it has been rotten for the last three days. Mr Kath is still coughing and spluttering several weeks down the line so I knew it was only a matter of time. The hot toddy ended up being a bit pick and mix as I had no whisky and no lemons. I did have Jack Daniels and limes. Same difference really ;)

Catriona likes this.
  16. dream_police

I gave them a selection of breakfast pastries.

I’ll just add that they are rabid brexiteers so they are lucky they got fed!

Catriona likes this.
  17. Catriona

Ha! Just punishment. Hope they were French influenced pastries! :)

dream_police likes this.
  18. Catriona

Those Thai influenced Co-op corncakes gave me the worst indigestion in months.
    Not recommended.

MJB likes this.
  19. dream_police

Yeah. Croissant, pain au chocolat and pain au raisin.

Catriona likes this.
  20. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yep, plenty of pain for Brexiteers. Sounds good to me.

Cut down my lunch to just steak, mushrooms sauted with garlic and tomato. Crust of bread to mop up and a glass of wine, left over from the venison stew.

Zou likes this.