1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I overstretched the new regime but no problem. Tomorrow I am eating out in company at a place that does some decent vegie stuff. I will be driving myself home so it will be my no alcohol day as well.

Zou likes this.
  2. dazdmc

dazdmc Well-Known Member

what can I say? I love my mustard like my kids love their tomato sauce!!!

Catriona likes this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I like wholegrain mustard, just can't stand English (mustard, obviously).

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Very little since I expected to lose power at any time. I didn't, but the egg mayo sandwich and a few chips haven't filled me up much. Think breakfast is going to be more substantial.

5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

The storm sounds horrendous, enjoy your breakfast.

Catriona likes this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Cowboy beans. One of my one pan specials cubed up some bacon, fried it with some peppers, onions and a dash of Worcestershire sauce then added a can of baked beans.

Zou likes this.
  7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    EightBitTony likes this.
  8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Like in Blazing Saddles?

John Farrell and MJB like this.
  9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I am being lazy, cheese and crackers (I got a lot of both for Xmas/New Year in case of guests coming over but no one did and it'd be a shame to waste them), cheeselets and a Mars Bar although for breakfast I had bacon, mushrooms, cheese and poached eggs on crumpets and for lunch my leek and potato soup with the last of a loaf of seeded sourdough made into croutons

10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Chilli that I made yesterday.

11. Catriona

Tonight will be salmon salad with Thai corncakes.

Tomorrow I'm going to try a Katsu curry. GRO variety, vegan, pea protein fritters with Jasmine rice and sauce. It will be interesting! :)

12. dream_police

We have friends over for the night. They are real meat and 2 veg types. Guess what, no meat tonight folks!
    I am doing a selection of vegetarian curries, all made from scratch. We are having a cauliflower curry with blackened raisins, a potato curry, coriander and mint paneer kebabs and some tandoori marinated broccoli.

Mark101, Geren and Catriona like this.
  13. Catriona

Good luck! Brave man... Wot? No chips?

14. dream_police

No chips. Rice and some naan from the Indian supermarket. I’ve also made a lime cheesecake with a ginger base and a thin mandarin jelly top from blended mandarins and some gelatine.

Catriona likes this.
  15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

If they don't like it, next time just invite me. Sounds wonderful!

Zou and dream_police like this.
  16. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oooh - gelatine! That's significantly not vegan. But I'll come along and take it off your hands.

Catriona likes this.
  17. dream_police

We have a great vegetarian Indian cookbook.

Geren likes this.
  18. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I honestly can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. Tonight we're having veggie chilli wraps. Sadly, I suspect by the time I'd even found myself in vaguely the right area, Nigel and co will have polished off those curries already.

19. dream_police

Abasolutely. We have given up meat, certainly for January but I’m not being precious about it in that respect. Thinking about health etc and seeing how we get on cutting out meat. I couldn’t be vegan though.

Zou and Geren like this.
  20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Both my girls are now vegetarian and neither will eat gelatine which frankly I get, but it is a pain when trying to get certain medicines for them.