1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

In the transverse plane from proximal to distal

WillieJ likes this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

We went to a pizza restaurant, one that we have used for around 15 years but they have changed their menu since we were last there. I was really looking forward to their pear salad and a bacon and date pizza, neither of which are on the menu any more.

We ordered a salad share to start. It said it had lettuce, orange, fried onion, nuts and a honey dressing. It also had something called "capellán". Google translate told me it was "Chaplain" . A quick search trying to find out what sort of chaplain i'd be eating didn't bring up anything, so we have it a go, It was some sort of disgusting dried fish. The rest of the salad was nice, but we left the pile of fish chunks/flakes.

I then had a pizza trufada, the sauce base being truffle and mushroom, very black in colour, topped with fresh buffalo mozzarella, chicken and Parmesan shavings. It was very nice and for a salad, 2 pizzas, 2 small beers and a bottle of water for €33, wasn't bad at all.

Catriona and John Farrell like this.
  3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Truffle on a pizza? It doesn't seem authentic. No more authentic than pineapple.
    However I can just imagine the aroma and taste. Not pizza hut is it?:)
    Ooh Matron. That's very pro medical.:)

4. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Left overs (chorizo dhal) - still very nice.:)

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

King prawn madras.
    Just had a sliced up banana with blueberries and evap for pud.

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You need to work on portion control :)

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Salad with bits of chorizo and cheddar tossed in.

WillieJ likes this.
  8. dream_police

We spent the afternoon at the beach. At the end of the long walk back, there is a German owned bar, Costa 21, that we always stop at for a beer. They also serve food and are proud of their schnitzels. Tonight I had a Hawaiian schnitzel, a schnitzel with pineapple and melted cheese. Not quite Michelin star but very tasty. Healthy too as it comes with salad as you can see.:)

[​IMG]Hawaiian by Nigel G, on Flickr

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Why ruin perfectly good pork and cheese by serving pudding on the same plate?

10. dream_police

because it is nice and saves washing up. Every thing helps when trying to be green.

Zou likes this.
  11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

That should offset the environmental harm of shipping fruit grown in large monoculture plantations halfway around the world nicely.

12. WillieJ

No. Herself needs to work on portion control. The frozen lump of Chorizo I hacked would have worked better for two porions but someone cannot even visualise how many spuds are appropriate for two people...

13. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

That looks like a real Sam Vimes salad.

AndyTake2 and WillieJ like this.
  14. dream_police

Right over my head I'm afraid. Googled the name and still non the wiser. Not familiar with the books.

15. WillieJ

I did not have to google the name but... , complete lack of black crunchy bits in the rest of the dish might undermine the theory, however, I believe the reference was to the miniscule amount of actual salad - aka green bits - which had not actually dropped off a ... well you really do not want to know..

16. LesleySM

I spend 90% of my working day dealing with things being cut transversely, longitudinally, from proximal to distal (or vice versa), serially sliced/sectioned. Embedded en face etc
    You probably don't want to know what I'm dealing with

17. LesleySM

Investigate further Sam Vimes is one of Pratchetts best characters

18. LesleySM

Mash, sausages, sprouts and carrots- made too much so with a couple of onions and that last bit of leek I can do bubble and squeak tomorrow

19. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Going to do a Morrison's BBQ chicken pizza, with about 1/4 bottle of rioja. Used 350 ml in a paella this afternoon (Divided up for the freezer), will have half the rest tonight, and the last of it with tomorrow's lunch.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Making a risotto, asparagus and pancetta.