1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Smoked trout, poached egg and a few chips. Glass of cheap Spanish white. It was fine.

WillieJ likes this.
  2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Rosemary and lemon roast chicken. Sipping a £13 per bottle Cava - which is a bit of a fav.

Catriona likes this.
  3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

'Tis Friday and I had too much stuff left over to do my weekly shop. I had left overs; so left overs it was.
    From one pan a mixed mash of spuds, swede and a tired carrot which I mashed with salted butter and white pepper.
    From another pan fried onion and the inner parts of a fennel, half a courgette cut into thick slices and quartered, half a sweet pepper coarsely sliced, a couple of cloves of garlic thinly sliced, and a breast from a previously roasted chicken, and an inadequate amount of good chicken gravy. I added some of the veg root stock plus a modest splosh of dark soy sauce to make up for the shortage of gravy.
    This concoction did not taste of left overs. It was very nice.
    If I don't go shopping tomorrow then I will be on iron rations laid down at the start of the pandemic.

Zou likes this.
  4. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Had cod and chips myself yesterday - when done properly they are just an amazing combination. How something so simple can be so perfect is a wonder.

5. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

Pot Noodles with left overs, from today's lunch.

6. Ascu75 AKA Don Wood

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 4:41 PM
    John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  7. Catriona

8. Catriona

Chicken and ham salad. Just a little of each.

9. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Chilli con carne from the freezer and rice.
    Bottle of Fuller's 1845 to accompany it.

Catriona likes this.
  10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Chipshop style minced beef and onion pie with chips.

Catriona likes this.
  11. WillieJ

Plain chicken sandwich.

Catriona likes this.
  12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I had the leftover mince etc for lunch so tonight I had a minted lamb shoulder slice with honey roasted parsnips, garden peas and roasted carrots and baby potatoes

(Little miffed that the pack said minted lamb shoulder slices and there was only one in there but then again it was thick)

13. AndyTake2

Klatchian curry

WillieJ and Catriona like this.
  14. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I think I might have had Covod-19 late last year, and not known about it. Food has been tasting pretty bland for about a month now, and getting worse. Yesterday evening I prepared one of my favourite dishes, a slow-cooked chicken breast and veg casserole, with herbs and spices. The texture was perfect, but it tasted like sawdust - if it had any taste at all! I made enough for a couple of nights, but ended up putting most of it back in the casserole pot. My sense of smell is equally desensitized. I had my booster in early October, but with no significant side effects, so I don't think it could have been that.

As someone who normally really enjoys their food, its all a bit of p!sser. Still, I could be dead instead! :D

15. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, Sinner, what makes you think you are not?

Welcome to Hell.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

SteveH
    pp B. L. Zeebub

Zou, AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  16. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Right, that's fine - but a couple of things. First, you go and tell your Mr. B.L.Zeebub to get the hell out of my chair, and secondly send him down to the basement to stoke that damned fire up - it's devilish cold in here. :mad:

AndyTake2 likes this.
  17. AndyTake2

He would have to read the Health and Safety policy first, all 6 thousand pages, and write an essay showing he understood it, so it could be a bit chilly a while longer. :p

18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Star Trek cookbook for Christmas?

19. WillieJ

Discworld.

20. Catriona

Going to be mushroom omelette with nice local eggs (and mushrooms, of course).