1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Nice idea but I don't like cabbage but i am sure I can substitute something else for it- there is (as always) a pack of Frankfurters in my fridge so i feel an experiment coming on!

2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Read quickly I saw "Frankenfurter feels an experiment coming on".

LesleySM likes this.
  3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Give me a break!

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

As Bozo said to the president!.

5. LesleySM

Ah. Lidl's have issued their weekly vouchers and I get 15% off Frankfurters and all other German sausages in one transaction.....Time methinks to stock up might even go for some Bratwurst and certainly garlic sausage

spinno likes this.
  6. LesleySM

Veggie stew tonight alas (well not for my bank balance eventually) there is still a massive load of overtime so I didn't get until late but Lidls had a big pack of diced chicken breast reduced to clear for 75p so guess what? Washed out the slow cooker and am doing a chicken, leek and potato stew for tomorrow night, using very thickly sliced old potatoes and pearl barley to thicken it and I'll chuck in the contents of a large tin of sweet corn and maybe some peas when I get in tomorrow

John Farrell likes this.
  7. LesleySM

Dinner was very nice and with the addition of another leek, some ham trimmings and some more potatoes, sweet corn etc there's enough chicken left for the same tomorrow. After that the overtime ends for the moment and I will stop living off stews etc but with the hours I have been working (2 1/2 extra hours tonight but I think we are now catching up so next week things might go back to normal) the slow cooker has been a godsend! I've eaten very well for not much effort on my part and there aren't many things nicer than coming in late and knackered and having dinner ready

WillieJ and Zou like this.
  8. LesleySM

Last stew tonight, slow cooker washed up and put away for the time being although I am considering doing a chilli or a curry in it next week

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Salad with tofu and some soft boiled eggs last night.

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Last night it was a steak and stilton pie with roasted veg.
    Tonight it will likely be fish chips and baked beans. Yup, boring.

Catriona likes this.
  11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Last night pork and a few veg in a sweet chilli and ginger sauce and basmati boiled rice. Tasty.
    Tonight will probably be sausage beans and mash.

WillieJ and Zou like this.
  12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yep, just as boring as I thought. Helped by a bottle of Golden Pride.
    Will have a dish of raspberries and evap later.

Catriona and WillieJ like this.
  13. Catriona

It was.

John Farrell and WillieJ like this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Roasted sausages with onions, garlic and bramley apples, sitting on top of rice.

15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'd have probably used a chair but each to their own.

spinno, DaveM399, Zou and 4 others like this.
  16. Catriona

I've been wondering what to do with my left over rice! Perhaps I'll give it a try. ;)

peterba likes this.
  17. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

We really need a liked squared button.

Zou, peterba and Catriona like this.
  18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Raspberries and evap went down very well.

19. LesleySM

The other day I nearly said "Chucked in a can of sweet corn" then thought someone on here would say "Aren't you supposed to open it?"

I met some friends today in the local Wetherspoons so I had an all day brunch washed down with a very decent pint or two of Greene King IPA

John Farrell likes this.
  20. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

IPA - in camera repair, isopropyl alcohol!

peterba likes this.