1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

After last night's debacle of Chips vs. French Fries vs. Crisps, as in chips debate...:p

Beef Bourguignon and Cassoulet.

dream_police, Zou and John Farrell like this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Aubergine, pancetta and spinach spaghetti.

Simon Leung likes this.
  3. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Odd concoction but delicious. Cauliflower cheese with everything that was going out of date in fridge avocados little gem lettuce tomatoes onion and cheese it was so nice but it’ll never be the same if Heather tried to recreate it :rolleyes:

4. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

We really need a bigger freezer we often have to eat stuff just to make room for something else :D

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Tonight is sirloin steak with portobello mushrooms stuffed with chedder & chorizo, garlic bread, and a beetroot & spicy cheese mix salad.

Zou likes this.
  6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sounds great, but needs some fruit. :p

7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

There's tomatoes in the salad. :rolleyes:

Zou likes this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just as well, wouldn't want you to miss out.

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I am making a chilli tonight. I never follow a recipe as such, just sort of make it until it tastes right, each time probably a bit different to the one before. Tonight however I am following a recipe I have found. It has been cooking for over an hour so far, so by the time I add the beans it will be about 2hrs cooking in total. So far it tastes really good. I normally add chocolate to mine but this recipe has black treacle in it.

Zou likes this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Rice and pork.

I know that sounds dull but the wife isn't letting on what's she is doing with it...

11. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Roast leg of pork etc., followed by tiramisu.

Zou likes this.
  12. dream_police

If that was my wife not letting on, I'd be very worried.

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

But it isn't, so I'm not... ;)

dream_police likes this.
  14. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I have just eaten a most excellent Bugatti Polanaise, with freshly ground black pepper and grated Parmesan - though I must confess I am at a complete loss as to why a traditional Italian peasant dish should be named after a dancing Italian sports car.

Zou likes this.
  15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Being pedantic, isn't it German now?

16. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Lemon and Rosemary chicken soup (AKA flavoured vegetable stew) followed by Paul Hollywood rustic rolls with - chicken.

Catriona likes this.
  17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yesterday was steak frites with buttery fried mushrooms and salad. Tonight is cumberland sausages roasted in the oven with sweet potato, butternut squash, courgette, tomatoes, red and green pepper and red onions, garlic. Tomorrow will be leftovers.

Zou likes this.
  18. dream_police

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Interesting and delicious... Seasoned pork sealed in the pan, then added to a rice cooker alongside mushrooms (if only we had maitake...) and julienned carrot. Cooked with the rice, then removed and thinly sliced, placed on top of the rice in bowls. Add a spinach/garlic/walnut/sesame oil salad thing too.

John Farrell, Geren and dream_police like this.
  20. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

Home cooked Corned Beef Hash and white toast done on-oneside with butter that flooded the cowling and a cup of Earl Grey Tea with no milk or sugar.