1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I ate them once when someone served us a vegan aubergine curry when we were round their house. That once was enough I can bear them in ratatouille although even then I pick them out if I can. Probably my least favourite vegetable

2. LesleySM

"Sometimes" I do it all the time!

Learning likes this.
  3. LesleySM

Gonna be Southern Fried Chicken Breasts with new potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower I think or I might do them in a sandwich with melted cheese and mushrooms maybe even , leek and onion as well plus BBQ sauce or entirely possibly something else I have a load of options but they spring to mind because I need to use them by tomorrow and they're very nice

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Pork shoulder steaks with sage, leeks, onions etc.; potatoes and salad.

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I've got to ask, do you eat the salad first?

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

How many plates? :D

Catriona likes this.
  7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Three? ;)

PS I was reminded of Italian dining (in Italy, that is).

8. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Rosemary and lemon roast chicken with roast tatties, parsnips, carrots and onions plus bread sauce. I am in the good books.:)

Catriona and Zou like this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sharing salad, in its own bowl. Had a wee bit whilst eating the pork, but mostly afterwards.

Catriona likes this.
  10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Salad is a penance to be endured so as to be healthy.

Catriona likes this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Alternatively it's something so enjoyable it adds to any meal.

WillieJ likes this.
  12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I do like salads. They can be so simple but tasty. Sarah made one the other day, just lettuce and apple with a Pizza Express caesar dressing. It went really well with a baked potato dish she made.

We had a curry tonight. No salad. Ordered it online from the restaurant we always use and went to pick it up. They had been very busy with orders so as they sat me at a table inside to wait. I was then given a bottle of beer to compensate for the delay. Not sure whether it was allowed but it felt good, despite it only being a bud!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Zou likes this.
  13. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Salad, urgh. Feed it to rabbits, then have rabbit stew.

Learning likes this.
  14. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I wonder if you are as willing and adept as I am at dealing with a road kill rabbit? I used to be a bit squeemish about that sort of thing until our Kenya servant showed me how to deal with a an accidental road kill dikdik. Since then the disembowelling and skinning of rabbits, pheasants and the like is something that I even get some satisfaction in demonstrating. Some people are disgusted; that's fine; they should become vegetarian. Some accept it as a necessary process of having a natural omnivorous diet.

15. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

You do realise your local foxes hate you?

Zou and LesleySM like this.
  16. LesleySM

Dinner ended up being pierogi and frankfurters followed by mandarin orange segments

17. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

Chip Butty and Fries with English Breakfast Tea.

18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

As you are on the other side of the pond, where you call our chips fries and our crisps chips, what did you have? :)

Was it crisps in a butty with chips on the side or was it thick potato chips in the butty with French fries on the side?

Simon Leung likes this.
  19. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

@dreampolice,

Chip (as in Fish & Chips) Butty and extra serving of more (chips as in French Fries) with English Breakfast Tea.

The owner of the restaurant was from Australia, so he knew what I wanted even though it was not on the menu.

When an American orders Fish & Chips, give them a battered deep fried cod or haddock and a bag of crisps...:D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Zou likes this.
  20. LesleySM

Luckily it's Sunday so I had a big breakfast, egg and beans on toast with fried mushrooms because when I got back from the shops I was just doing a few bits around the house when my friend invited me round (We're in a bubble before anyone calls the police) so I popped over his for an hour or so, which somehow became a lot longer so dinner tonight is Edam cheese sandwiches with raw red onion and a splash of mango chutney and very nice it is to

Also have a massive chicken casserole/stew in the slow cooker that will do at least a couple of nights dinners