1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Pan fried salmon tail fillet and chips.
    Washed down with a bottle of Fuller's Golden Pride.
    Tomorrow will be Venison pie.

Learning likes this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I have never used Just Eat. We can't get deliveroo deliveries to our house either which is probably a good thing!
    Tonight was fish and chips from our new favourite chippy, order online, park outside and they bring it to the car.

Geren likes this.
  3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Yes I am having new potatoes, mushrooms and asparagus tonight cooked with frankfurters for the record I love vegetables tomorrow I will probably pop a veggie stew in the slow cooker for in the week I do something like that most weeks this time of year

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Potatoes don't count, mushrooms are fungus. Asparagus counts, but is a bit posh for me at this time of year.
    I eat mushrooms as well. They have lots of protein without many of the downsides of meat.
    Sadly this coming year I will be lacking of home grown asparagus. My asparagus bed was well past its best so I dug it up. I should have started another two years ago. I hope that I am still around to enjoy the new one. I should get a small crop in 2022.
    Root veg are wonderful at this time of year. Amongst other things this evening I enjoyed a real root veg fest. Carrots, celeriac, parsnip and spuds. This with lamb rack (the price of that stung a bit). If I get lamb in the next couple of weeks it will be New Zealand from Asda!.

5. LesleySM

Southern fried chicken mini fillets with new potatoes, sweet corn and peas

I got a couple of big packs of the chicken for 20p each so I did both and one pack is cooling down to be chopped up and mixed with cucumber and diced red pepper and mayo and put in wraps to take to work for lunch tomorrow

Also got a pack of lean diced beef for 50p so that's in the slow cooker with new potatoes, onion, carrots, leeks, butter beans, pearl barley and the last of the asparagus will go in later so that will be dinner tomorrow

6. LesleySM

I think they count towards the 5-a-day as long as they're not fried these were boiled with their skins on

Learning likes this.
  7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Jolly good. In that case I had six a day today:)

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Had the venison pie for Sunday lunch. I had to make the crust a bit thinner than I normally would have as I only had 2.6 oz of suet. Never mind, will put it on the shopping list for this week.

9. Bipolar

Bipolar Well-Known Member

It warmed up a bit over the last few day so we are barbecuing tonight.

[​IMG]

Geren, Derek W, dream_police and 2 others like this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Chicken katsu curry.

11. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Chicken pie, made from leftover roast chicken, mushrooms fried in butter, and the remainder of the gravy from the roast.

Zou likes this.
  12. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It's all @Zou 's fault for making me write rasher in the word association thread. Maple cured streaky bacon, mushrooms, fried bread, tinned toms, fried eggs and a good glug of Worcestershire sauce.

AndyTake2, LesleySM and Zou like this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :cool:

14. LesleySM

I've got a bug of some sort so the stew will wait I am just having a rather nice Brie with crackers and lemon Greek yoghurt to follow

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

No motivation to cook properly so oven chips, fried eggs, and to make me feel less guilty, carrots, grapes and an apple. Bit random.

16. LesleySM

Apart from the tinned toms you've just described my perfect breakfast

17. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I can’t stand fried bread. It makes me gag.

18. LesleySM

Nowt wrong with egg and chips

AndyTake2 and dream_police like this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Cholesterol!

But everything in moderation, right?

20. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Just had my "dinner"

A pack of microwave green pesto pasta.

I ran out of time to cook any decent before a meeting I had this evening.