1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I'm envious.

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Plenty of leftovers today - well, no roast potatoes. They always seem to be hoovered up. Tonight's delight and delectation will be pork and vegetable fried rice.

Zou likes this.
  3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

The mystery of the disappearing carrot!

Heated up the last leg/thigh combination from last week's roast chicken by sticking it in a saucepan with the last of the gravy. Roasted some more tatties to go with it. For veggies I was planning peas and runner beans, but then I noticed one last carrot in the fridge veg drawer, and figured I would add it to the veg mix, just put it in the saucepan first. I peeled it, and topped and tailed it, and then just took a quick bite out of it, by way of checking its freshness. It was very tasty, so I took another bite, then got on with preparing the rest of the meal.

I enjoyed the meal, but suddenly I noticed there was no carrot. I never did find it, or figure out where it went...

AndyTake2 likes this.
  4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened to me this morning. I made my usual coffee and put two slices of bread into the toaster. Once nicely and gently browned on both sides I applied butter and marmite before cutting into triangles and putting on a plate. By the time I reached the kitchen table a whole triangle of marmite on toast had simply evaporated.

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Our cat rather likes marmite. If he sees us putting it on toast he assumes the passive-aggressive-sitting-next-to-you-while-looking-longingly-like-butter-wouldn't-melt until offered the knife to lick.

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

A previous feline used to very much enjoy a scrambled egg enhanced with marmite. The current one thinks that's a nuts idea and won't entertain it but is more than partial to camembert. Sans marmite.

Learning and Zou like this.
  7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Made like a hot pot to have today - with half a fillet steak. Absolutely delicious.

Zou likes this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Takeaway; fish supper for the wife, steak pie supper for me.

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Pork loin steak with roasted potatoes, onion, peppers and courgettes.

Zou likes this.
  10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

A regular one for us, beef massaman curry. Grapes for afters. I also made some orange shortbread but I’ve already had 2 this afternoon so trying to resist having another one before bed.

11. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Well I bought some gnocchi from ALDI and was going to have that for my dinner, unfortunately it tasted vile so it will be going in the bin.

12. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Best place for it.
    Boiled snot

dream_police likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Last night we had a Mrs Zou original effort. Pork belly strips sealed then simmered for an hour plus in a stock. When soft and gelatinous quickly mixed through some miso and then served with rice. Very tasty. The stock will now make an excellent noodle soup too. :)

14. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Triple cooked chips chicken and peas was last night. Tonight is pork chops. I like pork chops :)

15. dream_police

Not dinner but lunch yesterday. Inspired by @LesleySM i bought a jar of cheap Ye Olde Oak hotdogs and some hotdog rolls. So nice but so wrong.

16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

YUK! I like Frankfurters not Ye Ole Oak hotdogs! Dave liked them but I never did

17. dream_police

How can you not like them? I had 3 hotdog rolls for lunch yesterday. Tomato ketchup and crispy onions on them.

18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I had a phone call from a 2nd cousin of my hubby's. I do enjoy our conversations, but my dinner didn't.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sautéed some onions, peppers and chorizo then added basmati rice and cooked in the same pan.

Catriona likes this.
  20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've just put a spanokopita-ish thing in the oven. I'd asked Mr Geren to get me some filo pastry but he brought home puff pastry instead. It'll be fine. With salad and a mint yoghurt dressing. I'm bloomin' ravenous so I'm kind of oven-watching as I type.

Zou likes this.