1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Why would anyone think that?

2. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Opened a tin of beef ribs in BBQ sauce and had in a large bap with a sliced tomato as a nod towards healthy eating.
    Plus a bottle of Fuller's 1845.

3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

That's a bit steep, coming from you, of all people!

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oh, harsh. :oops:

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Lettuce not fall out over our food choices. Not worth getting in a stew about.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You're a well seasoned punner. Did you prepare that one earlier?

dream_police likes this.
  7. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Never heard of tinned beef ribs before

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Here you go Lesley
    IMG_20210220_194829.jpg

9. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I have several tins of such, plus pulled pork in stock "just in case".

10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

'Boneless Beef Ribs'? How does that work? o_O

Geren likes this.
  11. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Once you've cooked the ribs they come away from the bone very easily.

Not exactly haute cuisine, but they have a long best before time, which is what I was looking for.

Catriona likes this.
  12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This evening I had boring grilled steak and oven chips plus a not authentic, and rather more interesting ratatouille.
    For some months my favourite tinned ratatouille from d'aucy (Yes, I know its French) has been unavailable and the alternative being offered by Morrisons is some Spanish brand which would be most welcome if one was starving. I am not starving.
    I went for 5 a day in one go. Started with olive oil in a large frying pan, and I prepared the veg before commencing the cooking.
    I started with the roughly chopped onions and added the following at appropriate times in this order. chunks of courgettes and aubergine, sweet pepper and mild chilli, thinly sliced garlic, a sprinkling of Schwartz pilau rice seasoning, and half a 400g tin of Italian chopped tomatoes. No additional salt or pepper was needed. There was enough salt in the Schwartz seasoning and enough capsaicin in the mild chilli. I did not have any basil. I think that a few chopped leaves of basil would have improved the flavour and aroma, and a sprig or three of basil would have improved the appearance.
    The steak and chips were good but the star of the meal was my ratatouille.
    Correction. 6 a day. I had a generous serving of fruit juice. Fermentation of red grape juice does not destroy the vitamins does it?

13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

soup made from the excess of pizza toppings that I prepared for last night's pizza (onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, mushrooms). Homemade blue cheese burgers with salad.

14. LesleySM

I've seen the brand but never seen those before

15. LesleySM

My local corner shop sells d'aucy ratatouille and I love it easily the best tinned ratatouille available! I think I will get a few tins when I am in there again it would be lovely with frankfurters :)

Learning likes this.
  16. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Lucky you. I hope that they are still in stock and that the price has not grown to eye watering heights.

17. LesleySM

I almost hate to disappoint ~I'm having Southern Fried chicken breast with chips and that's all I haven't added polenta or whatever to it just a bit of BQQ sauce

18. LesleySM

Got a couple of tins today- same price

Learning likes this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ramen. And salad.

And yes, different bowls, obviously. o_O

Geren and MJB like this.
  20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Sunday roast - pork with crackling and all the trimmings.

Zou likes this.