1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Ribeye steak.
    Rocky Dog had some as well. He also had an old english sausage with his dinner, as we mark his birthday today (date really unknown) he got to have some treats. After the sausage he lay down belly in the air with a big grin

SqueamishOssifrage and Zou like this.
  2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I made a beef stroganoff followed by an apple and blackberry crumble which turned out very well.

Zou likes this.
  3. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Home made pig-burger, with roast veg and onion rings, all courtesy of the awesomeness of my new toy.

Zou likes this.
  4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I think you like it!

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  5. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Sure do, and thanks for your input to its purchase. Used it every night for a week! I was going to roast a duck I have in the freezer tonight, but decided to wait until I buy a chicken on Wednesday (my regular shopping day as no one else seems to on that day). I don't mind incinerating a cheap chicken on the altar of experience, but duck is a bit precious out here, and you usually only see it around Christmas.

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Ribeye steak seasoned with some salt, and garlic pepper served with baked potato topped with a spicy cheese mix and a side salad.

Zou likes this.
  7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Trying a soss casserole affair. Can of chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano, and garlic. Added red kidney beans and butter beans.
    Made that earlier then fried and added 4 Cumberland soss. Served with pasta.
    Not a total success as the beans were tough, even though I thought I gave them enough cooking time.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Bowl of salad mixed with coleslaw, plus a couple of corn crackers. Followed by cake (I know, rather late in the day) - a raspberry and dark chocolate almond and polenta cake which only came out of the oven at the back of 5pm.

Catriona likes this.
  9. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Pancakes of course!

LesleySM and Catriona like this.
  10. LesleySM

Comfort food- bangers with onion mash and peas

SqueamishOssifrage and Zou like this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Fusili with chorizo, mushrooms, leek and black olives. A variant on the classic 'stuff what needed used up' dish.

12. LesleySM

I had an online meeting so quick was needed...
    Golden veg rice in the microwave with frozen peas and sweetcorn and chopped ham mixed in with a generous splash of sweet chilli sauce on top and a couple of satsumas to follow

13. LesleySM

Being really lazy today and doing a "Surf and Turf Sans Turf"
    Cheese topped potato skins, garlic bread slices, onion rings, fish fingers and scampi- all just going in the oven for 15 minutes then onto the plate with tartare sauce for the fish and sweet chilli dip for the rest

14. dream_police

Chicken Kiev, chips and peas with a topping of frankfurter sausages, jalapeño peppers, macaroni and vesta chow mein and a side order of rum and raisin ice cream and Mayo.

15. LesleySM

I assume you've been at the wacky baccy again-mayo with ice cream is only acceptable with neopolitan ice cream!

Learning likes this.
  16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sounds like the deliveroo guy had an accident and several meals combined. Either that or you've got Lesley's cookbook...

John Farrell likes this.
  17. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Mushroom omelette with sauteed potatoes.

Zou likes this.
  18. dream_police

Got it in one, although to be fair it’s not quite a book, more like a game of ingredient boggle.

The Kiev, chips and peas was actually true though.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Beef 'hamburg' with rice and a mushroomy sauce whipped up from bits and bobs.

20. LesleySM

Has he? Where's my royalties?
    Seriously do people think I have a strange diet or something? I am just using up some odds and ends tonight to clear freezer space because my freezer is so far beyond its limit I think it must be a TARDIS and I did some jacket spuds last night to go in there

ascu75 likes this.