1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Its not so bad if you serve the stew in a hot bowl and the salad in a chilled bowl. I only do that sort of thing when I have stuff to use up before the weekly shop.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Got a joint of belly pork cooking for 2 1/2 hours in chicken stock (+ extra 20 mins for crackling) having cured it with sugar and salt for 2 hours. Will be served with mash, red cabbage and peas.

Never tried cooking it like this before, so fingers crossed.

Learning, Catriona and Zou like this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Looks like a quinoa salad, corn on the cob etc.

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Sounds Scandinavian? My friend does this for Christmas Eve (she is Norwegian).

5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Bacon and cheese burger with chips in the Bells quite nice (new chef not as good as the old one)

6. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Veg & Meat lasagne.

7. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Beef casserole, with baked potatoes.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Beef burgers topped with pecorino cheese, accompanied by chips and veg chips and a white rioja.

9. dream_police

I made a curry with lamb meatballs, coconut milk, mint and other curry stuff. On paper it sounded nice. In reality it reminded me of a 1970's dish made with soup concentrate. I won't be making that again.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I've never found minced meat type curries particularly enjoyable. Not sure why.

11. dream_police

The indian that we use have a nice lamb kofta and ginger curry and a lamb mint Zahira. I was hoping therefore we would enjoy this. Nevermind.
    I like some keema lamb curries, had them with peas, potatoes, and with paneer.

Zou likes this.
  12. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Don't mind mince in samosas etc. but whilst those dishes you mention are probably great I'd likely plump for something else.

13. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Home made sweet and sour king prawns with vegetable stir fried rice. Managed to fi d a small tin of pineapple at the back of the cupboard thank goodness.

14. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Stew today in the slow cooker. Fluffy herb dumplings will go in during the last 20 minutes.

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Late working lunch of pizza (courgette, fennel sausage, yellow tomatoes) so just salad tonight I expect.

16. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Faggots and hash browns, followed by sticky toffee pudding with custard (slightly reinforced with a drop of Advocaat)

Zou and John Farrell like this.
  17. LesleySM

Hmm...I could go to Icelands tomorrow and get some faggots and I have hash browns

18. LesleySM

Treated myself to my first Chinese in about 3+ years

Duck and pineapple and special fried rice. Tried a new place and it was great and the portions were so massive half of it will do tomorrow nights dinner.
    Followed it with a Gui salted caramel cheesecake pot

Haven't moved much since I ate it

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Half a butternut squash, a sweet potato, shallots, a leek, crushed garlic cloves, a red pepper and a yellow pepper all roasted together with a couple of big flat mushrooms. Chucked in some feta and served in a bowl with a nice portion of quinoa. Followed by a wee bit of galia melon and some plums. Probably too much but very tasty and very healthy.

Catriona and John Farrell like this.
  20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Reheated homemade paella type rice, chicken, chorizo and prawns. It was fresh on Friday night but tasted better last night;)