1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Fried pork with noodles n stir fry veg followed by a huge peach that arrived in the veg box with the veg Heather fried. The noodles came out of a packet as did the stir fry sauce they and the pork came via Tesco home delivery. Lockdown has proved we need never leave the house again. :rolleyes::) X Don

Zou likes this.
  2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, he'd just keep coming back on you>

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Had the afternoon off for a doctors appointment popped to Lidl's afterwards and got a HUGE garlic and herb spatchcock chicken for £1.50 so dinner tonight was ... steak pie and chips, I was hungry and the chicken would take too long to cook I'll roast it tomorrow and have roast chicken with all the trimmings then Friday cold with chips or rice or new potatoes etc. There's enough on that chicken that I'll still have a load left

Catriona likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Gyoza, rice and a light soup thing.

Catriona likes this.
  5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Salad and jacket spud possibly the last salad of the year we debated veg or salad box this week but I think we are both yearning for a good old stew n dumping

John Farrell likes this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It is de riguer on this forum to serve salad with stew.

Zou likes this.
  7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Asking for a friend, what about stir fry and stewo_O

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's abhorrent.

MJB and ascu75 like this.
  9. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Wilted lettuce and warm radishes sounds yummy with spring onion gravy

MJB and Zou like this.
  10. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I saw a rather handsome (and fresh) cauliflower in the village shop yesterday, so it now resides in my fridge awaiting my post G&T attentions tonight. I have lots of good cheddar, and thought I would mix some cubed spam in with it, by way of experiment. During the lockdown I over-stocked on spam, owing mainly to its indestructible nature over the passage of eons, so I need to eat some of it up!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  11. LesleySM

Umm.... got in feeling rather on the hungry side and thought "Jacket spuds with grated cheese on top"

Then realised I didn't have any in the freezer because I forgot to do some (I put them in the oven when something else is going in and once cooled pop them in the freezer usually) so it's not going to be a 5-minute in the microwave job still they're coming along nicely (2 for now and 2 for later) and there's a rather large block of red Leicester awaiting the cheese grater or possibly cheddar as I have opened that

12. LesleySM

I've added ham to cauliflower cheese before and it was nice

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Roast potatoes and ribeye steak.

14. LesleySM

I used mature cheddar in the end and they've come out beautiful! Mixed some grated onion and red chilli flakes in with the cheese

John Farrell likes this.
  15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Probably. And was Al the packer?

Coat on...

Geren, Zou and Catriona like this.
  16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Coat off surely? The fur would burn or get stuck in your teeth...

dream_police likes this.
  17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

This weekend, it's kangaroo on the menu. Looking forward to the puns already.

18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I think i'd skip the kangaroo.

Geren, SqueamishOssifrage and ascu75 like this.
  19. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Fish n chips looking out to sea sat on the cliff tops at Cliftonville :rolleyes:

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Awww, such a shame as it was nicely boxed.

Recommend you pair it with a nice hoppy beer.

Geren and SqueamishOssifrage like this.