1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What Did You Have For Dinner?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Mar 24, 2019.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

pistoff?

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Spaghetti bolognese and very nice it was too.

John Farrell likes this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Pisto. Veg with chorizo. Not following an authentic recipe (could say Spanish ratatouille perhaps) hence 'something like.'

John Farrell and Learning like this.
  4. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Salmon and new potatoes jolly nice it was, would have had peas but run out so yellow stuff was substituted

5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Chip shop fish & chips

OMFG! First in nearly four months!

LesleySM and John Farrell like this.
  6. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I had a chicken Kiev, Jersey Royals, asparagus and sweetcorn with raspberry panna cotta to follow and very nice it was...

I could do with some advice, I have been given a small jar of Blue Dragon red Thai curry paste and I have a glut of chicken in the freezer (reduced to clear on Sunday I got a load of breasts and boneless thighs for around £4.50 in total)

Now I have never really eaten Thai apart from pad Thai and I am not a big fan of hot food (well I like my chilli on the very spicy side and I like some Cajun but when it comes to curry from the Indian I prefer a Korma) so I am regarding this as the culinary equivalent of a potential unexploded bomb

Okay the cooking bit I can handle- fry oil and onions with a quarter of the paste, then add chicken, veggies and coconut milk and simmer, served with well they say steamed rice but I would probably use boiled (just because I am pretty sure I have a steamer but can I find the bloody thing?)

But seriously how hot is it?

John Farrell likes this.
  7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not had the blue dragon brand but had many others. In my view they’re not too hot. I do like spicy food however.

8. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

In my experience Thai curry isn't usually too spicy. This paste is described as 'light and fragrant' - doesn't sound too bad.

Try with small quantity and see how it goes.

MickLL

9. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Ham salad and an apple for pudding :) Don

10. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Chicken salad on sourdough.

11. LesleySM

Sourdough! One of my local (well Stratford) bakeries does the best sourdough but have been closed for months now- every time I go to Stratford I check and still it stays closed. When it opens again I think I will buy a dozen loaves!

12. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Beef casserole with baked potato, kumara and carrot, and peas.

Learning likes this.
  13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Tut! No salad! @Zou will be most displeased.

John Farrell and AndyTake2 like this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

15. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

This one was from Waitrose.
    They do a fairly good Sourdough, but I suspect that it is a mix of processes. Still nice though - the whole lot went.:D

16. LesleySM

Tonight I just threw some chicken strips in the oven and poured garlic and herb dressing over them, I had the day off work so I had a big breakfast and a decent lunch so not that hungry there's always cheese and crackers/ a pot of toffee yoghurt/ a Mars Bar/dried apricots/biscuits if I fancy a nibble later on

17. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Do you ever have the BBC news channel on the kitchen television while you are cooking dinner? Recently I have done so to catch the latest lies around five o'clock. After the virus briefing one often gets interviews with single mums trying to feed their children on benefits. Its most unsettling. It almost makes me feel guilty and greedy as I sip a little too much wine and cook nice cuts of meat.
    I need to switch back to Radio 3 or Classic FM PDQ.

Zou likes this.
  18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Cottage pie. Been 6 months at least since I made one of those. Very nice it was too.

19. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I had to google kumara before liking your post. The Firefox spelling checker doesn't like it. How did you prepare your kumara? Baked, roasted, boiled or boiled and mashed?

John Farrell likes this.
  20. LesleySM

I finally found Brains faggots in Iceland's today 6 for a quid so dinner tomorrow should be (they're frozen so no big deal if I have something else) faggots, mash and marrowfat peas