1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What cameras have built in IS/VR etc

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Looking for a CHEAP pre owned camera that has built in stabilization AND will take a T2 mounted preset lens

Under £200 :) :) :), age no concern

?????????? makes

Thanks

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Pentax dSLR bodies have in body stabilisation.

3. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

All the later Pentax DSLRs have in body image stabilisation .
    You mount the lens , switch them camera on and it asked for the focal length of the lens .
    The Pentax *ist d and k100 doesn't have it , check others .
    Something like a Pentax k20d or later would do you , though for £200 you can probably get something newer .

Sony DSLRs and SLTs also have it .
    The SLTs are good with the EVF as you can magnify the image .
    Unfortunately you can't set the focal length on manual lenses , so are no good to you .
    You can buy chipped adapters , but if you've got more than one lens to mount it'll start to get expensive .

If m4/3 size sensors good for you ( particularly telephoto lenses ) I believe Olympus cameras all have in body i/s .
    But check first .

4. Stephen Rundle

Thanks

5. Stephen Rundle

Thanks
    ???

It really is a joke, "good GCSE" starter camera, I remember when a Canon 300D was an "enthusiasts" model :)

Image1.jpg