1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what bird is this

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Raythefab, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Raythefab

Raythefab Well-Known Member

WOW i started something here talk about a rolling stone
    sorry if i was a bit sharp earlier on,my apologies to all concerned RAY

2. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

Hi Ray,

It is starting to feel like you thread has rolled on. Well done to capture your kestral, I've tried but I'm just to noisy :eek:

As for red kites, I'm lucky to be near Rockingham forest where a new nest site was set up and it's not uncommon to have four or more drifiting around :D Wonderful just to watch and very very agile!

Tony.

3. Raythefab

hi tony i see your on flickr can you copy and paste ,or do you have to type the image number in id love to know RAY

4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

There is little doubt that these fantastic birds are persecuted on grouse moors. But actually the biggest problem is in England. It is frankly astonnishing and a national embaresment that there are only 10 pairs of these birds in England. There is sufficient habitat to support hundreds of them. Every year young birds arrive and try to breed and for un-natural reasons...they disapear?

Graeme

5. Raythefab

EMBARRASSMENT (just my bit of fun) if you look back in the post AGW i made my appologies,

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Ochh dont worry about it Ray its just me going of on a related rant...no need to appologies for my behaviour. You have probably noticed that in the lounge (and everywhere else!!) we tend to talk around threads and dont necessarily stick to the theme! I think thats what makes this place more interesting.....

Graeme

7. Les_McLean

Les_McLean Well-Known Member

We have a number of Red Kites here in West Yorkshire, a number of pairs were released around Harewood House (Eccup Reservoir), and I've seen the odd one in the Wharfe Valley, but never as far as Ribble Valley.

Les

8. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

We have just come home from North Yorkshire, but saw very little interesting bird life. There were plenty of lapwings and curlews on the moorland, but always too far away to get a close look at. Similarly with birds of prey, they were always at a long distance.

Elsie spotted this bluetit's nest as we walked through a wood and we watched them feeding and cleaning their brood for a while.

Every quiet patch of water seemed to have the ubiquitous Canada Geese .

We watched Swallows and Martins dipping into the pond at Whitby Abbey but I could have done with a longer lens and a quicker camera to catch them.

9. Raythefab

North Yorkshire,thats sheep country chris,you need to be in the Ribble Valley,LANCASHIRE, we leave the sheep in peace in good old LANKY,on a serious note when god made the valley he broke the mould
    ray

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yeah, you have your evil way with them and don't even buy them flowers!

11. Raythefab

i gotta be careful here with a M

12. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

We lived at Walton le Dale for a while so I do know the place . . . . :rolleyes:

Careful you don't become obsessive about sheep Ray . . . . ;)

13. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Yes. Methinks he doth protest too much. If he's not careful he'll be accused of ovophilia ( a new word I've just invented from 'ovine'= sheep and 'philia' = lover) :eek: :D

14. 0

0 Guest

Embarrassed, was He, and didn't want to make the same mistake again? :D

15. Raythefab

im never satisfied with one foot ,ive always got to put both of EM in it, im gonna crawl back under my stone now -C YA

16. 0

0 Guest

Be like me, Ray - only open my mouth to change feet! :D

17. Raythefab

and all i said is (What bird is this),keep rolling,rolling,rolling