1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What are your two all-time favorite cameras?

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Footloose, May 7, 2019.

1. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

My first choice must be the Pentax Super A I used almost exclusively for 26 years! I suppose my 2nd choice would be the Olympus 35 RC I bought when I got frustrated by poor results from the Instamatic my parents had given me. That camera started my interest in photography, and led to me buying the Pentax to access zoom, telephoto and macro. Of course my current Nikon D800 is by far the best camera I’ve ever owned (so far).

Chris

2. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Olympus OM10Q
    Nikon D700

JMK likes this.
  3. JMK

JMK Active Member

One was my first 'proper' SLR a Pentax V way back in 1966. At the time Pentax was running an advert 'Just hold a Pentax' Nothing else except a picture of hands holding one. Perfectly balanced and utterly reliable. The other one is my Nikon F6. I am still getting to grips with it even after 5 years of ownership, but it works and works superbly in all situations. My only gripe is the lithium batteries it uses, the 4 x AA used in the F4 was a better (IMHO) solution. CR2 batteries are not that easy to find, but AA's are available almost everywhere.

4. Danno

Danno Active Member

Nikon FM2n and F3; the first for careful situations when I want to tweak exposure, the second for casual snaps.

5. geoff_piltz

geoff_piltz Well-Known Member

I have a EOS 620. Dead reliable and easy to use. Also an RT that is brand new and unused. Waiting for Covid to pass to give it a try.

Geoff