1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by MJB, Feb 16, 2019.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Having just acquired a 65" ultra HD TV, I'm looking forward to warching the latest Attenborough on Netflix. Also on Netflix, 'The Umbrella Academy' looks interesting.

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The Umbrella Academy is not bad - predictable in a way, slow to get going, but pace picks up and the music and humour especially are enjoyable. Music unsurprisingly important when you find out that the creator of the Umbrella Academy comics is part of My Chemical Romance.

3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Halfway through Deadwind on Netflix, pretty much your typical female cop scandi noir storyline but still enjoyable . . . . . as Jean Brodie would say, "for people who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like". :)

4. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

Watching a film on Netflix called the highwaymen

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

would it have been cheaper to have gone to Specsavers:rolleyes:

Catriona likes this.
  6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Probably not, unless I wanted to look like the bastard lovechild of Joe90 and Dame Edna Everage. :eek:

To be fair I didn't intend buying one so large, but with special offers and a 20% discount voucher it was only £100 dearer than the 50" television we were looking at. Not for everyone, but I'm so glad we did.

spinno likes this.
  7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Just watched the grand tour in Scotland where they went up the middle of Sutherland in old Italian cars. The most enjoyable drive they have ever had they said! :cool:

Just hang a left after Inverness with a full tank, your camera and b&b money for the sort of experience that took 3 millionaire motoring journalists 16 years to work out. Next they'll be telling me it's better with a bar of boost and no road map;):D.

Zou and Catriona like this.
  8. dawkinsben

dawkinsben New Member

I don't watch a great deal of television and only have the basic Freeview, but enjoying Celebrity Painting Challenge at the moment on Thursday evenings.

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Was going to watch the Rowan Atkinson Maigrets on Netflix but they've gone... There on Tuesday, now departed. Oh well.

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

someone stolen them....quick call the police...oh hang on....

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

So long as it isn't the inspector from Allo Allo...

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Ahh Good Moaning to you. I was pissing your coff when I remembered I needed to give you a massage

Zou likes this.
  13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching 'Chernobyl' on Sky Atlantic? The usual high production standards that I've come to expect from Sky dramas, but I'm not convinced by the hype it's received. Hopefully it will improve in episode two.

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Yes, I watched it. I thought it seemed a bit over hyped however I will continue to watch.

15. dream_police

Just finished Chernobyl. I enjoyed that.

Just about to start watching the new series of Black Mirror on Netflix.

16. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Still to catch up on the last episode. Not sure "enjoyed" is the right word, but I know what you mean.

17. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I noticed a film on Netflix this morning called 'Redcon-1' and remembered that a fair amount of it was filmed about half a mile from my house, so I decided to give it a watch. Other parts of it were filmed in Glasgow Barrowlands, Peterhead and Lytham St Annes (I think I saw Blackpool Tower in the distance!) - despite the whole film being set in London!

My opinion? Well, that's nearly two hours of my life that I'll never get back.

It's a zombie film and has more buckets of gore and entrails than you can shake a stick at. The 'acting' (for want of a better term) is pretty poor and the plot...good grief...what little there is is laughable.

A mixed squad of English and American elite forces enter the zombie-infected City of London to extract a scientist who may have a cure for the virus - it may give you a clue as to how good this is if I tell you that the Japanese-American soldier is armed with his rifle, pistol and two crossed katanas on his back! And no, it isn't meant to be a comedy.

I think my stand-out moment was when a soldier that had been shot several times says to his captain "I'll only slow you down, you go on without me and I'll hold them off for as long as I can" - and then proceeds to star in a ten minute fight scene against zombies in which he roundhouse kicks them, runs up walls and demonstrates his mastery of the nunchaku before eventually vanishing under a pile of hungry undead.

In conclusion, if you see this on Netflix just scroll on by - there's nothing worth seeing here!

Cheers, Jeff

Chilli and daft_biker like this.
  18. dream_police

Wrong word maybe, yeah.

19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

An exceptional piece of television. I think you could seriously screw with your mind if you binge watched it though.

20. dream_police