1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by MJB, Feb 16, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

This time last year or thereabouts had it not been for COVID we would have been in Kiev and visiting Chernobyl/Pripyat as part of a tour.

Instead I have just watched Ben Fogle Inside Chernobyl on C5.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Any chance he could stay there?

3. dream_police

Haha. He stayed in rooms there. You can stay a maximum of 14 nights. He visited the reactor and control rooms. It is quite interesting TBF.

Zou likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I meant stay stay.

5. dream_police

I know. He's not that bad.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

He is though.

7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Zack Snyder's Justice League. If you like your superheroes this is well worth a watch. Be warned it is 4 hours long.

8. dream_police

Just finished 2 Spanish language series on Netflix

¿Quién Mató a Sara? Set in Mexico

and

Sky Rojo. Set in Tenerife.

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Wynonna Earp on SyFy. Sounds like a rubbish idea, but it's actually very good.

10. dream_police

The Sound of Metal film on Amazon.

Dan S likes this.
  11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Clarkson's Farm on Amazon. Yes, there's a degree of the faux bumbling incompetence that you associate with Clarkson, but overall an entertaining watch and a fair reflection of running a commercial farm business. Much better than the twee nonsense, such as 'Our Yorkshire Farm', that are the usual farming offerings on TV.

12. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Recording of today’s Exeter v Sale match.

13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, I read an interview with him about it somewhere recently, and was startled to see the non-screen Clarkson, it doesn't appear very often. The two examples I've seen are the program he did on guns, and the one on Arnhem, which is particularly worth looking out for. In both he's reduced to startled incoherence and the usual posturing goes out the window.

I had a conversation over the winter with someone who we used to buy lamb off for the freezer, the chap who owned the fields he rented sold them and is now working for Clarkson - and apparently reports that the real-life Clarkson is not much like the screen version. I was amused by Diddley Squat Farm - a very old joke, anywhere you spot a Starveall or Starvecrow Farm, you are looking at an enclosure-era farm built new by a planner or a landlord, and that didn't impress its first tenant.

14. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Glitch in the Matrix...

15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It was his plugging of the show on the wireless that made me watch it. A side to Clarkson you rarely see. If nothing else it's worth watching for Gerald Cooper.

16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I enjoyed it too.

The first customer at the farm shop had a really cool car;):D....

PSX_20210615_165156.jpg

17. dream_police

I have just seen the first couple of episodes and I'm really enjoying it. Kaleb Cooper is a great lad. He clearly loves his work. Gerald, WTF??

18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The Gang's All Here, on Talking Pictures TV. Missed the beginning, but fun anyway . I mean, Busby Berkeley, Benny Goodman Orchestra and Carmen Miranda - what else could it be?

19. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That film hit me hard. Telling me what I already know to be true, but have been pretending isn't. I'm getting sleepless nights over it.

20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Guy Garvey's 'From the Vaults' on Sky Arts. Music from ITV's archives. Lots of live performances from The Tube in tonight's episode from 1983.