1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by MJB, Feb 16, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No.

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I thought it was a documentary about Britain in the Eurovision Song Contest:rolleyes:

Zou likes this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

What is it then? Never heard of it.

4. dream_police

It’s about Narcos basically. Mexicans and Italians. It’s a drama not documentary. It’s currently on Sky but I see amongst other companies it is filmed with Amazon studios so may end up on that platform.

Another one that is mostly subtitled

Edit. It is available on Amazon Prime US so I dare say once Sky have finished with it it’ll end up on the U.K. version.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Zou likes this.
  5. dream_police

@Zou If you get a chance to watch it, I really recommend it. It was very good.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not my genre... These days I like to keep it simple with comedy; really gone off watching violent things, don't find it entertaining. Cartoonish stuff maybe ok, but watch very little crime/war type stuff now.

7. dream_police

Fair enough. There is violence but very little considering the subject. Certainly not like Narcos on Netflix.

Zou likes this.
  8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I think it's comedy, my wife says it's a fly-on-the-wall documentary. Guess which of us works in retail.

Zou likes this.
  9. dream_police

I think we need to get out more. Now finished The Young Pope and now starting The New Pope where we left off.
    I can recommend The Young Pope.

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Just watched Mrs Caldicot's Cabbage War again,,
    It should be obligatory viewing for all middle aged folk.

11. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The snooker.

This evening's session threatens to be interesting, either very short or very long.

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Good grief! 9-3 to Higgins. Didn't expect that.

13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Unbelievable on Netflix. I thought it was going to be just another American crime drama, but was pleasantly surprised. Based on a true story, it was quite dark at times, and definitely worth watching.

14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

"The Thing from Another World". I think it's a triumph of film making, because the absurdity of the premise is completely hidden by the script, acting and editing.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I thought it was a commentary on McCarthy and witch hunting
    Or was that Singing in the rain?

16. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You may think that but Mr Hawks couldn't possibly comment... ;)

17. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

GP Monsere on Eurosport, looking out for a young lad who cycled for our club and is up against some well known pros today such as Mark Cavendish.

Zou likes this.
  18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Did you see the Strade Bianche races yesterday. Quite a finish in both ladies' and men's races.

DaveM399 likes this.
  19. DaveM399

Yes and no! I recorded highlights of both, but have only watched the Women's race so far. Busy week coming up with Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico.

Zou likes this.
  20. DaveM399

He came 17th in the end and was the second British rider after Cav who was second.

Zou likes this.