1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by MJB, Feb 16, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Behind the Curve on Netflix. It is about the Flat Earthers.

There are some picnics short of a few sandwiches out on the big disc.

2. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Russia from above. The first of three on the Eden channel. I think it may contain some CGI but nevertheless, I find it quite stunning.

3. dream_police

I have never seen the Game of Thrones so we are just working through that. Almost finished series one. It’s actually very good, certainly now I am getting into it. It’s a good way to watch this sort of thing, rather than have to wait for a weekly episode than have to wait several months for a new season.
    We are considering rewatching Lost. I really enjoyed that series but as the ending was that shit, it puts me off watching it again as I know how crap it turns out.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I've discovered "The Good Fight". I find it very funny and some of the characters are quite engaging.

5. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

White collar on Netflix.

6. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

forgot to add masterchef and Blue planet live on BBC1

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh, this is a good thread - I am looking for inspiration now that I am all caught up with the usual cop shows that my son and I enjoy. I've resorted to NOW TV's back catalogue of Prime Suspect which has left me wondering how it is that Helen Mirren is so very celebrated these days - she was dreadful in the early episodes!

Anyway - someone has said Fleabag is pretty good and someone who I trust ordinarily has also recommended Game Of Thrones. Doesn't seem likely to me, but Nigel has said good things above so I may give it a chance.

8. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

A thumb's up from me for Fleabag, series one was excellent, second series is even better, and much darker - but best to watch series 1 first if you can . . . . . and if you're in the mood for a 'supernatural thriller' set in Iceland (with subtitles) then I Remember You, available on BBC iPlayer for another few weeks, is just the thing for some late night viewing!

Geren likes this.
  9. dream_police

It takes a bit to get into. A touch confusing who all of the characters are and how they are related, but stick with it and it is so far very good. I think I’m the only person I know who hasn’t watched it. Everyone has said how good it is.

I’ve heard fleabag is good too, not seen any though.

10. dream_police

i like the Scandinavian thrillers. I saw series 2 of trapped was on BBC4 . I found series 1 on Amazon prime and downloaded series 2 onto my Sky Q from iPlayer. Finished series 1 then went to start watching 2 on iPlayer but found they’d started to drop off. Will have to wait now I assume for series 2 to appear on Amazon.

AlanW likes this.
  11. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Westminster live! Fun!

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Hello is that the funny farm? One to collect...….

Catriona likes this.
  13. Catriona

I'm hooked! Apart from when she starts her sanctimonious crap, or her carpet-tongued followers. Here she is, sounding like a female JC. Eeeeuk!

14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

is that Jeremy Corbyn or Jesus Christ?

Catriona likes this.
  15. dream_police

I find it hard to watch the witch without viewing her as I imagine a Spitting Image puppet of her would look like.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

Into the lobby.
    Whips are out. Bungs are promised. Bitter rivalries have been encouraged.
    Total disgrace.
    Unfortunately I have the awful feeling she will scrape through.
    What that means for democracy? Destroyed for a long time.

17. Catriona

I am afraid my neighbours may have heard my yells at the screen. I note my nephew seemed shocked when I posted The Times' frequently used letters in yesterday's Times2 Xword. What were they?
    17 x F
    8 x U
    10 x C
    Didn't use K -- perhaps a step too far. Haha!

18. dream_police

I wonder if my neighbours just heard my wife shouting “Oh shut up you stupid bitch”!

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

I was just the same!
    TM lost - thank goodness!

dream_police likes this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

(Re) watching the Infernal Affairs trilogy on Netflix, years since the first watch. Love a bit of Hong Kong cat and mouse thrillers. Tony Leung and Andy Lau have so much charisma on screen, great stuff.