1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Reading?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by Hotblack, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Just finished this. For a book populated with the most unremittingly miserable characters and not even a glimmer of a happy ending for any of them, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it!

beatnik69 likes this.
  2. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

As part of a collection of all his work,I`m currently reading War of the Worlds by H G Wells.Though best known for his sci fi books
    he wrote much more.Looking forward to delving into it.

As an aside,in recent years I`ve read,or sometimes reread the complete works of most of the "classics" writers including Wilkie Collins,Hardy,the Brontes and many more.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Currently alternating Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö's "Cop Killer" with Andre Norton's "Darkness and Dawn" and Edgar Rice Burroughs's "Thuvia - Maid of Mars". On the factual side I'm nearly at the end of Simon Singh's "The Code Book" for the second time.

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I, Claudius

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Medication stopped working again:rolleyes:?
    Current between the GCHQ and Bletchley Park fun books (and yes my meds have definitely ceased to functiono_O)

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Zombie Fallout - Mark Tufo.

What meds?

Cheers, Jeff

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Amitriptyline
    Sertraline
    Germolene
    Vaseline and
    Windowlene....

(Some of those I made up...)

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Robert F Barker Final Breath the second in an unfinished trilogy I have just signed up for notification of the next novel due out 2018 the previous books have been both boring and thrilling. I am eagerly awaiting the next one.

9. Parks90

Parks90 Member

New here, but I'm currently working my way through gone girl and slowly but surely the Discworld series. Light train commute reading. Recently finished travelling to infinity, unfortunately I have to say I did not enjoy it one iota.

ascu75 likes this.
  10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I've just finished The innocent Man by John Grisham, a non fiction book about wrongful convictions. If it is only partially true, and I have no reason to doubt that it isn't true, then it really was appalling how these guys got convicted.

11. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

I have just finished reading "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury.

I first read and enjoyed it in my teens. I found it less enjoyable this time.

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I remember reading that as a teen too. Has not aged well?

13. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Lives of the Engineers, TheLocomotive, George and Robert Stephenson by Samuel Smiles.
    Got this from project Gutenberg (ebook)

This is a biography of the two engineers by a contemporary of Robert Stephenson.
    A fascinating read, especially impressive is the hardships that George started in, the sheer determination and hard work he showed in rising to the heights we all know him for.
    Considering this is free, anyone with an ereader should get it.

14. julianaray

julianaray In the Stop Bath

The Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

[​IMG]

15. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen and Owen King.

16. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Enjoying David Webber's "On Basilisk Station". Marvellous space opera. :D

17. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Timothy Garton Ash "Free World".

Lynn

18. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Anne McCaffery's Dragon series, getting through about 5 a week.

19. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Aylie by G L BEER who I went to school with I keep reading his books to see if I appear in any of them :eek:

Craig20264 likes this.
  20. djnumberone

djnumberone Member