1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by EmilyTheStrange, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Have you noticed that it bears an uncanny resemblance to Britney Spears - "Do Somethin'"???

2. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

I think due to a power failure my post didnt come through this morning, so as I was saying I was listening to ,among other things the St. Germain compilations, Bentley Rythm Ace but more Bertrand Burgalat who by coincidence has a very nice cover of a Depeche Mode song called "Easy Tiger" (that's why I thought I should post again)... good for those who like 70's style funk and rock, but Burgalat falls more on the lounge/easy listening kind a thing.

3. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Paul Dukas - The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Simon Preston, Organ - Berlin Philharmonic, Conductor James Levine.

This is a recording made in June 1986, but the memories that it evokes are of watching Fantasia in the cinema on the Isle of Man during WWII. 1941 or 1942 I would guess?

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

D'oh

That should have been Hayley Westenra. :eek:

5. Jonathon

Jonathon Well-Known Member

I think it's an excellent album, it's got slight hints of Floyd, however the style is quite different. He's got quite bluesy in parts of the album.

6. gouranga

gouranga Well-Known Member

Re: D'oh

Right now, a mixture of The Doves album - Lost Souls and a few tracks of Modest Mouse on my new 60 gig ipod :p

The Doves are awesome if you like moody rock!

7. EmilyTheStrange

EmilyTheStrange Well-Known Member

Strange and beautiful ~ Aqualung Love this song so much...Needed something soft this morning due to feeling a bit rough and piddled off...

^._.^

8. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker, Hampton Hawes, Bill Evans, Barney Kessel, Roy Eldridge, Coleman Hawkins, Zoot Sims. . .

9. Matt_Hunt

Matt_Hunt Well-Known Member

Anyone heard the 'new' David Gilmour album?

Can't make up my mind wether is it a David Gilmour album, or just the next thing after 'Division bell' but without the prefix 'Pink Floyd'.

10. EmilyTheStrange

The Leaving Song (part 1) ~AFI(We're talking old skool AFI not any of this new stuffs...)

Dead Stars ~ Covenant Need to get myself into the Cybery/industrial mood for when my best mate talks to me...I think he wants me to model a shoot with him, another of his best mates and their boss with a few other "models" for some promo work... :| hahaha If i do it, wish me luck... :p

^._.^

11. gouranga

Modest Mouse - Dramamine - Get it!

12. Ben78

Ben78 Well-Known Member

If it's a 'what am I listening to right now' sort of question when getting ready for work this morning it was:

Eurythmics single 'Saved the World Today' which has a great live version of 'You Placed a Chill in My Heart', and...

a bit of Bluetones 'Expecting to Fly', great albulm, unbelievably ten years old now!

13. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

AFI's good, but as you say, more of the old stuff. Btw, I recommend Dream Theater, if you don't like one album, try another, they cover pretty much everything from prog rock, accoustic, prog metal, all sorts, went and saw them a few years ago at the apollo in Manchester, great night!

14. gouranga

Ooohh the Apollo, I saw Keane there, small place but excellent, and I was right at the front!

15. EmilyTheStrange

Kool kool, i'll have a listen sometime.
    Yeh, AFI's new track is sooo rubbishy...There is a track on the new album that seems ok, my mate sent me it the other day and it wasn't bad...

Play Dead ~ Combichrist

^._.^

16. bagpuss

Postman Pat

17. Matt_Hunt

Why is my leg being tugged?

18. bagpuss

Pardon?

Henry and Oskar are watching Postman Pat on the tv, and I haven't put the radio on yet.

19. Matt_Hunt

Forgot you had children. I could not understand why you'd be listening to Postman Pat! Ooops.

So, since this thread began, am I the first to make a purchase on the back of it or has anyone else been persuaded. Am now proud owner of Depeche Mode's 'Exciter' and also added to the classical collection.

20. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

I've got it, but mainly on the basis of his performance on Later with Jools, was never much of a floyd fan, however, you never know that could change. I've listened to the album a couple of times, but cannot seem to get past the track 'Take a Breath' I should put it in the Car CD to give it a better hearing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.