1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by EmilyTheStrange, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Well, things are looking bad for England, Beckham is sat on the bench weeping with a bruise on his leg, and Mr Potato Head got sent off for stomping on some Portugal player's tender parts - it was good to see one of them in real rather than feigned agony for once ... [​IMG]

But - the game's still going on, there's hope yet!

2. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

New Muse album Black Holes And Revelations

3. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Death in Vegas - Dirge

4. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Any good? How does it compare to Absolution and Origin of Symmetry?

5. EmilyTheStrange

EmilyTheStrange Well-Known Member

I got it before it came out *naughty Emily* And i must say it's pretty good. I don't have the Absolution album but what i remember from it i think this album might actually be better than both Absolution and Origin of Symmetry although it's quite different so hard to really compair...

Send me on my way ~ Rusted Root (it's a track in Matilda <3)

6. Hotblack

Thanks Emily

I've been listening to a couple of tracks on Muse's MySpace page. As you say, sounds quite different to the earlier stuff.

What the hell!! I'll probably go and buy it anyway.

7. robertj

robertj Well-Known Member

Now I mostly listen to classical music, including 'modern' classical (which I think include some pieces composed at the beginning of 20th century), I like a CD where Alec Cobbe (a resident of Hatchlands) plays instruments from Cobbe (his) collection (mostly harpsichords and pianofortes). Concerts at Yehudi Menuhin School are a real treat.

Rock/ pop, I listened to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc., and recently to Nine Inch Nails and Korn a bit.

I think that nothing can replace a live concert (acoustic instruments and human voice, no sound amplification whatsoever), but a good audio hi-fi reproduction equipment may help the experience.

It looks like members of deviantART give special significance to '~' symbol, why?

8. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

The commentary on the Mouresmo v Sharapova match (apologies for any wrong spelling of names).

9. Matt_Hunt

Matt_Hunt Well-Known Member

Vaughan Williams: Variations on Tallis, Lark Ascending...

10. robertj

robertj Well-Known Member

I would like to take some photographs of Sharapova... is that an unusual wish?

11. gouranga

gouranga Well-Known Member

Listening to The Killers album right now, the current song being Mr Brightside - and it rawks!!!!!!

12. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

I think there might be a queue Robert . . . . . /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

It'd be a short one unless ear plugs are supplied. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just listened to Johnny Cash - "I'm Free From The Chain Gang Now". :)

14. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

The Police - Every Breath You Take

15. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ok, what I have been listening to this week:

Sharks, Making Contact and Misdemeanor, all by UFO.
    Aqualung - Jethro Tull.
    In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson
    Greatest Hits - Thin Lizzy
    Ma Vlast - Smetana (recorded by a Slovakian orchestra I can't recall)
    Fallen - Evanescence
    Greatest Hits - Whitesnake

And on the MP3 player, I've not got past a couple of Deep Purple tracks, and, er, a couple of, er, Saxon tracks.
    :eek:

16. Hotblack

Aqualung and Court of the Crimson King - absolute classics....but SAXON!! No wonder you're embarrased.

Mind you they were the inspiration for Spinal Tap, so at least they have one redeeming feature. :D :D

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Embarrassing indeed, but it was only two tracks!

18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

P.S. Also "Argus" by Wishbone Ash.

19. Hotblack

You have redeemed yourself, sir.

20. tim_hooper

tim_hooper Well-Known Member

Oh my..... :eek:

Foggy teenage memories of a shared house back in the 70's.

I must confess that, inspired by this thread, I dug out my copy of Deep Purples 'Burn' yesterday, and blew the dust off my old turntable to give it a spin. Not as good as I'd fondly imagined, but quite listenable in a sad, retro-hippy kind of way.

tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.