1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Werra lenses on ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by steveandthedogs, Jul 18, 2015.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If you still have it I'd love to see a picture!

I got my green Werra a couple of days after a German friend had had a long rant about the efficient stereotype. She was not amused when I showed her the passage in the manual which reads "You will soon grow to love it for its efficiency"!

Adrian

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I haven't. I only owned it for a year or two. If I recall correctly, I sold it on about the same time I bought my first AF camera, a Nikon F401.

There's probably a negative or two somewhere but what with the house move, my digitisation project is now months behind.

3. gray1720

Pity - I like seeing how the manufacturers envisaged people using their kit. Such is life.

Adrian

4. Sejanus.Aelianus

I can still visualise it, if that helps. A none too reliable copy of the text...

1. Make sure the camera is secure on its neckstrap and move the case to your front.
    2. Open the case and place the lens you wish to use in the camera compartment.
    3. Remove the current lens from the camera and place it in the empty lens space.
    4. Fit the new lens to the camera.
    5. Be careful to close the case fully, before taking your picture.

Needless to say, all illustrated by mono images of a charming m├Ądchen handling the kit with evident Teutonic efficiency. OK, I admit it, she's the reason I remember the leaflet so vividly.

:D

5. gray1720

Oh, you mean one of those lassies with the enormous jugs... of beer?

Adrian

6. Sejanus.Aelianus

:D :D :D

7. gray1720