1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Well my son has been out with his new camera

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

Seagull and two rolls of 120 HP5 now I am just waiting on the developer to arrive

I think anticipation is something sadly missing in modern photography, ok ok I know the arguments but I enjoyed the wait.

:)

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I must admit I enjoy using film cameras on occasions. My Nikon FE2 is currently part way through a roll of Ektar 100. Film certainly doesn't allow instant gratification, nor does it allow the on occasions ludicrous machine-gunning that is the case with some people when they use a digital camera. Both mediums have their place and characteristics.

Stephen Rundle likes this.
  3. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I still use film, but I can’t remember the last time I developed it!

Akin to 2 stroke motorbikes, totally impractical but fun.

4. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I have a roll of Kentmere 100 in a Praktica MTL3 - part of it used to try 2 lenses I bought recently, a Jupiter 9 85mm f2 and a Tele-Xenar 135mm f3.5. When the roll is finished, I'll develop it along with one shot in a Pentax Spotmatic F, a few weeks ago.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Film was the norm till rather recently. It's only impractical in terms of chimping or when instant results are absolutely necessary. It'a also not prone to sudden loss for reasons of storage defect.

6. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

It's also the only way to use fine older cameras.

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

That too! I enjoy my manual focus Nikon and Pentax 645 cameras when I use them.

8. Stephen Rundle

I think the FE2 is probably most people "in the know" dream camera

9. Stephen Rundle

The camera didn't come with a wind on spool and I was looking for a place to get films developed, we can do them but it is easier to send them off.

I emailed "The Darkroom UK" (sending poof of my sons and my Autism as always) and today 5 spools arrived

Also he included postage paid an envelope to send film for processing

GREAT service and salesmanship as I have no hesitation sending him all my sons films now to develop.

The Rollei is NOT working I got that for £25 and am sending it for Ashley (my son) to Newton and Ellis because I got this on ebay,

rm.jpg
    DSCN0893.jpg
    Dscn0894.jpg

10. Stephen Rundle

One of the nicest cameras I had was a Pentax 645 NOT AF, the only ting I didn't like was no WL finder

11. Stephen Rundle

He's back :)

Dscn0896.jpg

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not wishing to pry, but you raised it, why do you have to send proof of his and yours autism?

13. Stephen Rundle

Happy to explain the obvious ;) ;) sorry, obvious to me perhaps because I think and over think though I am sure many will have already thought of what i am going to say..

Because I think many companies get requests for help from people, and I know for a fact that people / companies are happy to help but they have said to me in the past they often wonder if the requests are genuine so either they accept it and and hope and help or don't in case someone is coming it.

Being Autistic (I have THREE sons who are by the way), I always send proof, NOT confidential info, but say, a copy of this

I also think if you are genuine it does no harm to say and then always always PHONE to say thank you and write to them. card.jpg

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

So, my brother-in-law (who has a very good, very well paid job - admittedly in the US, so not relevant but he could be in the UK) is autistic, as is his son, could get discounts even though he is quite wealthy, just because he is autistic?

15. Stephen Rundle

What an insult to autistic people everywhere, what a idiotic thing to say are you really that .....

"just because he is autistic?" JUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be aware of your abuse under the Equality Act 2010

That has been reported as insulting.

This has been copied to a few forums including ASD Wales and other Autism forums to show just how bigoted people still are

aaa.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  16. Stephen Rundle

You mean just like millionaire rich old people could get a free TV licence when BLIND people only got a reduction !!!!!!!

Did your friend of Elvis see that one coming ;) ;) ;)

17. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

None of my business, of course, but think this is a case of sloppy usage - instead of “just” maybe “on the grounds that”........we’re all learning to express ourselves thoughtfully but don’t always make it!!

Take care,
    Mike

18. John King

John King Well-Known Member

This thread is sliding into what could be a bit of a 'situation' can I suggest that the participants back off a little.

19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly, because it's not something that I've heard about previously in spite of having an autistic son. You seem to be suggesting that when purchasing items you are able to offer proof of autism and then what happens exactly? You get a discount? Or you ask for a discount and show your proof of autism because that qualifies you for a discount? Why does autism qualify you for a discount exactly? Or does it not, but you offer the proof in the hope of getting one anyway? Just curious.

dream_police and MJB like this.
  20. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I have posted sympathetic responses to your postings recently, but this time I think you have overreacted. The phrase 'could get discounts even though he is quite wealthy' suggests a belief that discounts should be offered only to those with restricted funds instead of without any consideration of the ability to pay. Sometimes you must consider what the writer was trying to say, rather than looking only at how it was said.

dream_police likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.