1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, it had to happen eventually ..... and a lesson to learn ....

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Done_rundleCams, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I took in my Pentax PZ1P to the lap about an hour ago to drop off some film
    and popped open my camera to see my film sitting there ..... unrewound :eek: :eek:

The Lesson is that if you have a camera with automatic rewind, don't turn it off ;)

Cheers,

Jack

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Bugger!

S

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I've done the same thing with cameras that don't even have auto-rewind...:oops:

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I found it odd that so few cameras with autowind/rewind didn't wind all the film out then wind each frame back into the cassette after exposure. I had one film SLR that did this though I can't remember which one it was. Senility is catching up with me! :eek:

RogerMac and Done_rundleCams like this.
  5. Done_rundleCams

Be there, done that, Nigel ;) and, of course, those times when loading the film on in a hurry and one get 24 or 36 beautiful exposures
    all one one frame :eek: and, of course, my favourite, running into a pub and shooting a band on their last set, finishing your roll and
    whilst leaving your rewinding your film (manually) and open it up to see "absolutely nothing" :eek: :eek: ... Then, loading a film in (properly)
    advancing it three times ;), closing the back and running back into the pub to get about 10 frames as the band (Tragically Hip) is finishing
    their set :D

Cheers,

Jack

6. Done_rundleCams

That should have been, Andrew, one of the APS film SLR cameras that had that capability and, if you were/are a Canon shooter, perhaps
    the Canon EOS IX ... https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/film191.html

Cheers,
    Jack

7. Andrew Flannigan

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Canon EOS 300 perhaps? I have still got mine

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Canon 1000 all derivatives, 500 both versions, 300 all models, 3000 and 5000 all wound all the film on first, then wound them back when the shot was taken - designed for exactly Jack's problem.

10. Done_rundleCams

Ah, you mean the Canon camera that loaded the film to the very end, Andrew, and each time you snapped a picture
    the film would rewind into the canister thus preventing my faux pas and this happening ;)

Feb4-19-AP-Mon-000025 copy.JPG

Cheers,
    Jack

Zou and Catriona like this.
  11. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I`ve also left a film unrewound (is there such a word?)in camera on more than one occasion.
    My son`s wedding memorably,although I was able to salvage about 75% of the shots.

12. Done_rundleCams

For me, Dave, if it had happened at one of the ten or eleven weddings I shot with film, in
    the long run, it wouldn't have really mattered as all but one, as far as I know, ended in
    divorce / separation within 18 months :eek: ... and, really, 75% is a really good average :)

Cheers,

Jack

Catriona likes this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

Dear Auntie Jack,

Almost everyone I know has been divorced or seperated at least once but I've been married to the same woman for 49 years. I do keep quiet about it but fear someone will find out and tell all. Is there any way out of this dilemma or am I doomed to be pointed out in the street? :eek:

I'm desperately worried about this so any advice will be gratefully received

"Worried Brown Eyes"

:cool:

Done_rundleCams and peterba like this.
  14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Dear Brown Eyes,

The answer is quite simple.

You and your lady wife have a service to renew your vows.

That way you can tell everyone you have both been married twice.

Sort of...

Dr Psycho.
    pp Auntie Jack

15. RogerMac

I
    get some service in

16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Before you settle into self-congratulatory mode, I wonder how things would be if it had been a 7 year contract?
    So many reasons to stay together. Laziness, reliance, cheap labour, financial - as well as undying love, of course.

I reckon a contract, under review by all parties after (say) seven years. I reckon a lot of youngsters have got it right at long last!

17. Andrew Flannigan

I'm just lucky she's got rotten taste in men ;)

18. RogerMac

Congratulatory? No, I just had a Damascene moment at an Amdram end of run party and that was it.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

She knows, right?

20. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh...! He hasn't got around to telling her, yet. ;)