1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Well done Trump

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Jul 30, 2020.

1. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Precisely my point, though it could be a school, shop or any other premises, the intruder has the advantage of surprise and thus the upper hand.

I used the example because it illustrated that, despite being trained, the police weren't very capable of hitting the target, an untrained shooter, with a similar weapon, is likely to be even less capable.

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I was suggesting that the comparison is harsh on trash, not on Trump!

Jeff Farkas likes this.
  3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Its unfortunate when it happens.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/24/newsid_2535000/2535421.stm
    At the time there was a feeling 'like father, like son' . Still the child was innocent at the time.
    I wonder if the younger children followed their father into crime.
    The police were in the correct house. What if they had been in the wrong house. Wrong houses have been raided on occasion.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  4. Jeff Farkas

Jeff Farkas Well-Known Member

That was in 85 and yes.. mistakes happen. You're point?

5. Jeff Farkas

I still trust the cops with guns far more than any member of the general public. The actual numbers of people accidentally shot by the police is so low it's not a huge issue.

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Whether he gets away with it or not, he's still out in January, at the end of his tenure. He can't stop that wheel turning.

Jeff Farkas likes this.
  7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I agree they are better than the general public but that doesn't mean they couldn't be even better.

8. Jeff Farkas

I agree,, they can do better.
    1) They need more training but the far left wants to cut the funding or eliminate the police
    2) Community leaders need to step forward and lead. Kids need fathers and/or father figures to set the right example for kids so they
    don't turn to crime and kids need a better education and job options
    3) People who see a crime need to step forward and tell the police what they know. The attitude that 'snitches get stitches' is killing their continuities
    4) Gangs need to be shut down.

Well.. as you can see there's a lot that has to be done.

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Your list applies to Britain as much as the US.

10. Jeff Farkas

We also have 400 Million guns. There's no comparison.

11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You're quite right. I was pointing out that similar attitudes are to be found in Britain,

Jeff Farkas likes this.
  12. Jeff Farkas

That's a shame if the attitudes are similar. People are their own worst enemies and they don't understand by not speaking up the problems they face, crime wise, will never go away.

13. Mike40

Mike40 Well-Known Member

14. Jeff Farkas

Oh God.. that fool. I can't stand him. He's one of the reasons Trump is in office now. I'm hoping that people come to their senses and vote Trump out. With the current economic conditions and the virus death tool there's a good chance of that happening. But I worry about people being compliant and people from the far left sitting this election out.