1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Welcome

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by imported_admin, Oct 20, 1999.

1. This area is for camera-related discussions.

2. 0

0 Guest

Hi
    I need some info on Canon EOS - 3. Can Someone give me further info?

3. DHarman

DHarman Well-Known Member

Re: EOS 3 information

Sure can. But you'll need to be more specific.
    What do you want to know?

Here's a brief run down for you anyway.

Basically the camera is the latest Canon EOS, 35mm SLR. It's unique feature is that it has 45 point, eye-controlled auto focus. And it is a professional specification machine.

It also got our AP SLR and Overall Camera of the Year Award for 1999.

If you have more specific questions, ask away - or contact me on my email: doug_harman@ipc.co.uk

Doug Harman
    Deputy Technical Editor, AP

4. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

I have a question regarding a really old bellows type of rangefinder camera I own. The box it is in reads, No. 3-A Conley Junior Camera. The bellows is opened by pressing a latch, pulling down a door and using your thumb and forefinger to push on a catch which you then pull towards you. This extends the bellows onto a metal railing which is on the inside of the aforementioned door. I'm wondering how old it is and what type of film it might take.

5. DHarman

DHarman Well-Known Member

Re: Conley Jr

Hi. The camera in question is an old folding roll-film camera, similar to Kodak's old rollfilm folding models. It was made between 1917-22 and came in varios sizes.
    Without more detials on your model it's hard to say exactly which one you have and what format film it takes. But it might take modern 120 roll film if your lucks in (and if the shutter still works).
    However, current values for these cameras are pretty low, around 20-30UKP, depending on condition.

Doug Harman
    Deputy Technical Editor, AP

6. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

Re: Conley Jr

The spool for the film is 3 3/4 inches long. Obviously, it is bigger than 120 film. The shutter does work, although I've been told that the T and B settings may not work consistently. The lens reads 'Victo' beneath what I'm assuming are the shutter speeds [T, B, 100, 50, 25, 10]. Above the f-stops, it reads 'Wollensak U.S.A.' The f-stops are: 8, 11, 16, 22, 32, 45.

Since I'm asking about film, what about a Brownie No. 2A, Model B? I was told by a camera repairman that this camera would take film slightly larger than 120. However, looking at it, I think 120 may be usable. What do you think? I'll bet you're thinking I'm an old camera nut. Maybe. I just tried a roll of T-Max in an Argus C-3. Just to see if it will work. These were my grandma's and I was just curious.

7. 0

0 Guest

I have been looking for a site like this. I am looking to buy a new outfit and am trying to decide if I should go the Nikon or Canon way! My main interests are landscape, macro and candids. I am looking for a reliable metering system and fast focus. How do CanonEOS50E and the New Nikon F80 fair? Is there a lot of difference in the build quality? I would like the camera to last.When is the first test on the F80 expected?
    Thanks