1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Setup

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Minoltaman, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Minoltaman

Minoltaman Well-Known Member

I am trying to put together a website for my photo's. I was wonderering how to transfer my setup on Front Page to my FTP site.

George

2. Digitalapple

Digitalapple New Member

I had this problem when setting up my own website. FrontPage is notoriously hard to use as a FTP client. You best be it to get hold of a third party FTP client like FTPPro or Ace FTP - all are available as free downloads, or you can buy FTP clients like Cute FTP for about £30. They make uploading and editing your website contents much easier than trying to fathom out how to use FrontPage!

Happy website building!

3. Simon E.

Simon E. Well-Known Member

4. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Dont try and publish via Frontpage. Reason ISP's do not hold the Frontpage extension required for direct pubishing. As said above use a 3rd party FTP application I use Terrapin. It is very good.

BTW if you can read HTML (and if I can anyone can) why not try and editusing a text editor I like Edit Plus. This puts the code in colour coded format. It also good for Java, CSS and C .

Salazar the Sinister
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

5. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

depends what colours the colour coding is in eh Sin's /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

fen.

<iframe width="450" height="92" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/banner2.htm"></iframe>

6. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Don't start that again.

Salazar the Sinister
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.