1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather Resistance

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by steveandthedogs, May 3, 2021.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Just how resistant is "weather resistance"?

And before any smartalec says "Don't take it scuba diving", I'm thinking of going out in rain occasionally.

S

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There are limits on the rainfall you can stand in and sensibly take pictures. I’d take this to be the limit of weather proof, a long way short of immersion. I’ve never bothered with a bit of light rain but if any of the lens, viewfinder and my glasses can’t be seen through I put the camera in the bag.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I always carry a
    I tend to carry a small plastic bag around with a hole for the all important glass end, wp or not, it makes sense.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Or a dedicated rain cover, esp. with telephotos that won’t fit inside a jacket. Putting a UV or plain filter on the front element is a good idea, some of my Canon ‘L’ lenses say do this to complete weatherproofing. Lens hood is a must.

I’ve only ever seen rain covers used with birding scopes which people seem happy to leave out in very heavy rain while they take cover but I presume scopes, like binos, are these days positively pressured with Nitrogen to keep water vapour out, they don’t breathe like camera lenses.