1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasdale and Derwent water

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by alfbranch, Mar 3, 2021.

1. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

I went for a wander about in Wasdale yesterday morning and I managed to remain socially distanced at all times being totally alone mostly. It was a lovely morning but rather cool which was nice as it was dry for a change lately.

[​IMG]Wasdale frosty morning by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Later I took my wife to the dentist in Keswick and as I had a while to wait and it was late in the day I went for a walk and I got this just before I got the call to collect her

[​IMG]Calm Derwentwater by Alf Branch, on Flickr

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They are nice. Surprised to hear you were alone, I was getting the impression that places were getting overrun by people driving for walks. From an appraisal point of view I think the top one is a bit busy.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice. Agree with Pete on the first.

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I think the covidiots are all in Snowdonia. Sadly we will miss spring in the Lakes this year as our booking was the week before things start to re-open, so be it. Alf will have to keep reminding us what it looks like until we do get there....

Anyway, I think they're both gorgeous, especially the latter with the last hint of pink lighting Robinson and Hindscarth.

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

The second shot is great, and makes me realise how much I missed my planned visits to Pembrokeshire and the Lake District last year.
    How early in the morning was this taken? (You have stripped the data off the image file, so I cannot see this.)

6. gray1720

It's dusk rather than dawn.

7. alfbranch

Thanks Pete
    I get your point about the first. Weekdays at dawn are quiet I am sure plenty of people arrived later in fact a family did before I left

Thanks Mike

Thanks Adrian

Thanks Chester
    No data stripped at all. Everything can be seen on Flickr along with location but the time is an hour out sunrise today was 06:56 hrs and sunset 17:54 hrs but that is a moving target the second shot was taken at 17;46 hrs about 20 minutes after the sun dipped behind the hills. On 21st June sunrise 04:36 hrs and sunset is 21:52 hrs

True

8. gray1720

I know it's true, Alf, you said so when you posted it!

alfbranch likes this.
  9. Oleg2016

Oleg2016 Well-Known Member

Nice!

alfbranch likes this.
  10. alfbranch

Thanks Oleg

11. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

The light and colours in the second shot make me feel like I'm there. Great shot Alf

alfbranch likes this.
  12. miked

miked Well-Known Member

The first is my favourite, it strikes a certain chord in me - but second is a lovely image.

alfbranch likes this.
  13. alfbranch

Thanks Dan

Thanks Mike